Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look and feel of the XDm .40 4.5" in stainless steel. I'm not trying to be gangsta or "pop a cap" in someone, as I feel this is the rep for a stainless handgun. I just love the way the stainless slide looks on the XDm. I will be using it as a service pistol as I am an armed security guard. It will be open carry so concealment is not an issue. I personally have never seen a police officer with a stainless pistol. Is there anything negative to the stainless slide? Does it seem "unprofessional"? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've known a few police officers who carried stainless. I don't feel it is unprofessional at all. If you ask those officers why they carry stainless, they will tell you that they feel it is an appropriate addition to the continuum of the use of force. They feel that the shiny stainless is one more opportunity for the bad guy to see the weapon and realize that this isn't play time any more.

Of course, if you press them on it, they'll also tell you that the stainless also means reduced maintenance. Lazy bastiches.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I prefer the stainless as well, along with the less maintenance, its sometimes nice to just have something "shiny" as most guys are drawn to "shiny" new toys! and atleast for me.. the "shiny" helps me talk my wife into letting me buy another gun! ( maybe thats why most of my guns are more the stainless than blued).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I never thought of it that way! Also, I have heard they are easier to clean because you can see the dirt/grime much easier. Great reply Scooby. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
A few of my stainless collection!
ofc my wife's foot had to be in the shot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts