Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still waiting on my 2ht to arrive, however im wondering if the barrell comes threaded already? Or is the a2 flash hider pinned onto it?

The reason im asking is ive been reading about muzzle breaks and i saw a few... and was wondering if i would be able to swap out the birdcage for a muzzle break?

However i think by reading other peoples posts the muzzle break makes the gun very loud?

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
It should come threaded with the A2 flash hider screwed on, not pinned. The only time the flash hider is pinned is if the barrel is less than 16" and the FH makes the overall length 16" or more.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i personally like muzzle brakes more then FH. i really dont care how big the fireball is, im not shooting at people so why hide the muzzle flash. if you wear ear plugs the muzzle brake isnt that loud especially on a 16"+ barrel

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ever stand to the side of someone shooting with a muzzlebreak ?
The concussion blast is what sucks.
feels like a plane or something is next to u lol

shockwaves

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you order directly from stag? i went via pete at ar15sales.com last week also.

His email said 9-10 weeks.... but on the board it says 15 weeks now?

What part of SW mi you from? im in southfield

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Yea I ordered directly from stag, and went to Gander Mountain for the FFL transfer. I'm from the kalamazoo area. They originally said 8 weeks, but I see up to 15 weeks now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts