Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have one of either? Thinking about buying one (undecided as to which for now) for use at work. We can carry pretty much any modern manufacturer, just can't build one.

I'm curious if the upgrades on the 3T-M are worth the extra price over the 3T. My thought is I already have a Magpul MIAD and MOE stock sitting around, so I'd basically just be paying for the upgraded stock over the MOE and for aluminum sights instead of polymer. I'm required to use backup sights if I use an electronic optic, so is the sight upgrade a necessity?

Grabagun has them each in stock for $911.xx and $1,068.xx
Stag Arms M3T Assault Rifle 16-inch 5.56 Black 1-30RD Online Gun Store
Stag Arms M3T-M Assault Rifle 16-inch 5.56 Black 1-30RD Online Gun Store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EDIT: Screw it, I bought the Model 3T-M. I think the upgrade to aluminum sights are worth it on a rifle I plan to use for work.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has one? I guess I'll settle for anyone with a recently manufactured Stag who can vouch for reliability and quality?

Spent some time going around to some LGS's and it seems almost noone carries Stag. I've fondled one at a Gander Mountain a few months ago and really liked the triangular shaped handguard, but it was a regular Model 3 I believe with a much shorter handguard...

I put together a list of everything I want, and total price including FFL and accessories is just under $1,500 using the 3T-M, which is still under budget which will please the fiance...

Just looking for someone who owns one that'll give me the push I need...:D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well then I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this one. Emailed grabagun tonight asking to be sure they have them in stock. If I get an affirmative I'll be having my FFL send them his info, as well as making an LAPoliceGear and an Amazon order for some little additions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got a response back from Grabagun, aaaannnnnddddd turns out I'm an idiot. I figured the little "-1+" on their website denoted their inventory level. Turns out that's an interactive button to change the quantity of product to add to your cart. :oops:
I feel like a moron...lol

Oh well, they were in stock so I ended up giving them my debit card numbers for the Model 3T-M on Friday and I'm super excited for it to get here.

Turns out Grabagun is not only one of the lowest prices I could find on this rifle, they ship ridiculously fast too for only $5.99. Ordered on Friday at 9:16pm, got email confirmation today showing a tracking number which indicates that the rifle will be at my FFL on Friday. Less than a week in limbo makes me pretty damn happy (since the only other place I've purchased a firearm online is PSA...talk about wait times). Now I just have to order my modifications and additions but I've been forcing myself to wait until Fathers Day weekend because I'm sure LA Police Gear will have a 15% off sale...and 15% off almost $300 of gear is worth it to me....

Now we play the waiting game. I think the worst part is I'm down in Iowa all weekend with the fiance and some buddies from college for their hometown festival/concerts. Gonna have to wait to pick it up. :(

At least I get to go home and play with my newly arrived Vortex SPARC II today....I love Amazon Prime...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Should be a good rifle. I have a Stag Model 1 and have had no issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Grabagun is awesome. Great service and seems faster than possible. One pistol I ordered on Saturday after lunch and picked up at the store on Monday. The next I ordered on Tuesday and picked up on Friday. Sweet!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I chose a stag lower for my 6.8 build other than that no experience with their built products... I actually have another stag lower in my closet <3 sequential serials.

Shame you can't custom build though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I chose a stag lower for my 6.8 build other than that no experience with their built products... I actually have another stag lower in my closet <3 sequential serials.

Shame you can't custom build though

Yeah it'd be nice to be able to build it from a price standpoint, but I'm really happy with the options on this rifle. I'd say the only thing I'd change would be to make the barrel 1:7 twist instead of 1:9, but it's not a huge deal since I'll pretty much never shoot anything heavier than 62gr out of it (and the vast majority will be 55gr FMJ).
Anything heavier, that's what my 20" RRA stainless heavy upper is for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might could have the barrel professionally swapped later if you're unhappy? Or would they want you to go back to 1/9 twist if you needed a new barrel?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I have the 3L, and have had no problems - good quality, imho. Now that I see the 3T, would have preferred to have it, and it would cost me more to buy parts to make it look like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts