Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive pretty much decided to buy one of these ar rifles. i just dont know which one. havent seen any in person. nothing around here hardly. which is the better rifle, spec wise and manufacturer. i like how the stag and smith and wesson have a quad rail. the stag model 2t looks nice to. i dont know why its so much more. i dont know to much about ar rifles. the smith and wesson has flip up sights which i like also. i want the best all around rifle. so which one in your opinions would that be. thanks ahead of time for helping me make my decision. im gonna have my gun guy order it thursday or friday when i go pick up my xdm. 40 that i ordered. appreciate all your help!

stag model 3
smith & wesson m&p 15t
spikes tactical st-15 mid-length le

·
Registered
624 Posts
To make an informed decision you are going to need to do some research. If you are just an occassional AR shooter, any of the three will serve you well. If you plan on putting alot of rounds through the rifle with a wide variety of grain weights you need to know more about:

the bolt carrier (HPT/MPI testing, proper staking of gas key, difference between AR15 & M16 bolt carrier)

the barrel (M4 feed ramps, chrome chamber & bore, 5.66 or .223 chambering, 1:7 or 1:9 rifling)

lower receiver (staked castle nut, buffer weight)

Here is a link to get you started:
Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands - M4Carbine.net Forums

Click on the google link for more detailed explanations of the terms used above.

Note: The site I linked you to has a lot of good information on ARs but be careful asking questions as a noobie. Some of the folks there are not real forgiving of questions they feel have been asked before.

Good luck with your research!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts