Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at trading a Gen 2 Glock 19 towards a Stag Arms basic AR on another forum. i'm not too familiar with Stag Arms, but it seems like their quality is fine. I'm just looking for a backup, and to stick it to the man before WA's silly Initiative 594 becomes law. Two is one, and one is none, and all that. My Rainier Arms RUC will likely remain my go to rifle with this in reserve.

Thoughts on the brand? Would you trade a Gen 2 towards a rifle (I have a second Gen 2 19, so I don't really need two).

·
Administrator
22,378 Posts
I have a Stag Arms AR and love it! Never failed me and I built the whole thing for 900 bucks. I would put Stag at a 7/10 on the AR quality (I put RRA at 9.5 and DPMS as a 4 just for reference).

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just gotta say if you don't know you got till December 4th. Before that dumb stuff becomes law. They aren't even going to wait for the new year.

I just purchase a colt le6920, for a couple hundred bucks more then the stag, then you could have a colt. Not that stag Isn't quality stuff just can never go wrong with colt.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm tracking. Problem is finding stuff to trade. I want private sale in before 4 DEC.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yea I figured that was your dilemma. You might just have to go with what you can before Dec 4. Worst case scenario is that you do the trade and don't like it that much and trade up later down the road.

which I can't see many people not liking a stag arms in their arsenal.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I bought a Stag Arms Model 2 as my first AR in July 2013 and its been great so far! I have over 1100 rounds through it and it's been outstandingly reliable! I've added Magpul furniture and an Aimpoint PRO red dot to it and it's perfect for me. I've seen no issues on the internals of the guns, the barrels appears to be of good quality (and is chrome lined too), the trigger is a crisp 6 lb single stage, and Stag has one of the best warranties in all the gun industry! I highly recommend Stag for an AR, as I've been supremely happy with mine!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I have a StagArms leftie Model 2, just fantastic firearm. No problems whatsoever. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Love my Stag 3T-M.

One really nice thing about Stag is they have an unlimited transferable lifetime warranty.

I'd say you can't go wrong especially if you only have one AR.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Stag is good to go. You shouldn't have any issues with it!

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
I concur with with the kudos for Stag. I have owned them and sell them as an FFL dealer. Good product, IMO.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If someone is going to trade their Stag AR for your Glock -GO FOR IT!!! Used Glocks are pretty cheep due to all the PD exchanges so you are getting a pretty high quality AR for what you can replace for <$400.

PS if anyone has a Stag Model 8 Piston Rifle and would be willing to do a review please PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts