Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just picked up a stag complete lower today. Know little about the company, so what is the general concensus about their product quality?

Question 2: Is it best to use the same company for the upper as the lower? I know this is a loaded question but your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I personally think that Stag makes a good product. But, why did you buy something w/o doing any research first?

Also, I'm one of those guys who don't like mix/matching uppers w/ lowers. Nothing wrong with it, but it's my personal preference not to.

There are A LOT of ARs out there that have different uppers and lowers and have had no problems.

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a lot of forum-study time on other brands, but somehow missed Stag in my efforts. So being my first AR, this was a bit of an knee-jerk buy. HAD TO HAVE ONE right?

Now I have the problem of making this a reliable, combat-ready piece. I'll be doing a lot of reading on their uppers before I make my next purchase.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
You won't have any reliability issues as long as it's built right. As far as Stag goes, they make a great product. I think you'll be happy with their stuff.

What do you plan on using for optics? A red dot or a magnified scope?

If you decide to go with a red dot, then I suggest the 5H, 2H or 2HT. The 2HT has a Samson FF rail, so if you decide a VFG or a light you're pretty much set. Out of the 3 I just mentioned, the 5H does not come with a rear sight.

If you decide on putting a variable or magnified scope, then I suggest the 3H. I don't know if they make a 3H w/ the Samson FF rail, if they do, then go with that. The 3H doesn't have a FSB or a rear sight, that way when you put your variable or magnified optic on there, you have the option of putting a pair of flip up sights.

That's just my personal opinion and advice. :)

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Hey just picked up a stag complete lower today. Know little about the company, so what is the general concensus about their product quality?

Question 2: Is it best to use the same company for the upper as the lower? I know this is a loaded question but your thoughts are appreciated.

Stag is the "store brand" for CMT, Continental Machine and Tool. They've been in the business of making parts for the AR/M16 for the past 30+ years.

Stag also makes good upper, but there is nothing wrong with using the upper of your choice...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
stag makes good stuff I've got 2 stags both are more accurate than I am capable of one ha had more than 2k rounds through it without cleaning and had zero malfunctions in addition to them I also have 2 stripped lowers that I am planning on building up with stag uppers as funds allow

As far the 3h goes it's basically a stripped upper no rails no sights no carry handle perfect for building it with only the parts you want the 2ht is the only one with Samson rails which btw is a great quality upper

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
I'm left handed so it has to be Stag Arms. Just buy a Stag upper? The problem MAY be that unless one sorts thru DOZENS of receivers matching them together, you can be never be sure of getting a PERFECT fit.

However, I'm now wondering if Stag Arms would just take your lower and take the time to find an upper of your choice that fits just so sweetly together? Dunno. Call 'em and ask. You never know. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I'm left handed so it has to be Stag Arms. Just buy a Stag upper? The problem MAY be that unless one sorts thru DOZENS of receivers matching them together, you can be never be sure of getting a PERFECT fit.

However, I'm now wondering if Stag Arms would just take your lower and take the time to find an upper of your choice that fits just so sweetly together? Dunno. Call 'em and ask. You never know. HB of CJ :) :) :)
I'm betting that if you buy Stag upper and lowers and pin them together that they will fit great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts