Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just ordered my first AR and went with the stag arms model 3 5.56/.223. This is going to be my SHTF rifle. I also just ordered a 3-9x42mm scope with mini red dot and tac light, only $160!! Thinking about buying a .22 conversion kit for it so if anything does happen and I have to be on the go, I won't have another rifle to carry around. The stag model 3 also has the diamondhead Versa rail, another added bonus. I should have the gun by Thursday so I'll put up a picture when I get it, and probably start a build thread as well :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good choice. I have the Model 3 and I like it.
Only SMALL drawbacks...you have to pay about $22 each to get a rail side...they dont come with sides or a bottom rail, only top.
It seems to dislike 55gr russian stuff (tula in particular).
Other than that, great rifle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The model 3 is what is was leaning toward for my 1st AR, and the 22 conversion kit. Great to hear what guys think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If those are the bad things about it, I'm happy with my purchase. I bought a 3" rail for my grip and I think it was $14 which isn't bad when you think of all the useless things you've spent more on. And thanks for the heads up about the ammo! And the .22 conversion pretty much pays for itself after running a few hundred rounds of dirt cheap ammo. Also, has anyone checked out the surefire 100 rd mags? I like them alot and was thinking about getting one or two

1 - 5 of 5 Posts