Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives," McCloskey said.

"This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob."

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Line in the sand is my property line.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Now they want to change the name of ST Louis because they don't like who the town was named for.

·
Registered
17,633 Posts
For reference

Reactions: Mister Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know if protesters busted my gate down and trespassed on my property they wouldn’t have enough body bags to carry their dead asses out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
These idiotic 'peaceful protestors' need to learn to respect private property, period. I do not advocate needless violence, but in a situation like this, I can definitely understand why some people would want to use teargas or some other non-lethal deterrent. Glad none of the property residents got hurt, although seeing an angry chatting mob on your private property must have scared them. Rather surprised there was no security on-site especially since law enforcement are being forced to standdown by the feckless leadership.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I give them credit for way more self control than I might have had. I could just hear the bullets in the AR saying, "Send me."

·
Registered
147 Posts
Colion Noir raises some good points, however I fully disagree with him that the couple did not have a right to shoot any of the 'peaceful protestors'. All of those idiots broke through an iron gate onto private property and marched directly towards the private residence. Even though we do not see or hear all the events that transpired, the simple fact a mass MOB of 200+ strangers are on private property should be alarming as FRACK! I certainly would do not fault the homeowners from firing into the crowd, especially if they were protecting children, sick, disabled, or elderly on the premises. Any peaceful protestor who enters a residential area should expect FIERCE OPPOSITION and becoming an organ donor, complete and utter bloody idiots.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The woman in the video needs to mind her muzzle control.
Under any other circumstances I'd agree. She did swing it past her husband though. That's a no-no.

They come down my street and I'll do the same. My wife.... probably not but that's okay. I don't want her out there. That's my job, mostly.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Colion Noir raises some good points, however I fully disagree with him that the couple did not have a right to shoot any of the 'peaceful protestors'. All of those idiots broke through an iron gate onto private property and marched directly towards the private residence. Even though we do not see or hear all the events that transpired, the simple fact a mass MOB of 200+ strangers are on private property should be alarming as FRACK! I certainly would do not fault the homeowners from firing into the crowd, especially if they were protecting children, sick, disabled, or elderly on the premises. Any peaceful protestor who enters a residential area should expect FIERCE OPPOSITION and becoming an organ donor, complete and utter bloody idiots.

You and them would be in jail.

You cant just “shoot in to the crowd”
FFS.

Now IF they were in mass coming at them and weapons be they bats clubs knives were visible then possibly justified but what was on video imo in no way justified your suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,503 Posts
You and them would be in jail.

You cant just “shoot in to the crowd”
FFS.

Now IF they were in mass coming at them and weapons be they bats clubs knives were visible then possibly justified but what was on video imo in no way justified your suggestion.

Weapons not needed with numbers like those. Draw that line, and send lead once it has been crossed.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Weapons not needed with numbers like those. Draw that line, and send lead once it has been crossed.
Good luck.
Todays world the mayor and ag come out in favor of mob and against citizens clearly in the right.

Nothing in what I saw was even close to trigger worthy imo but I am 100% behind the homeowners and against the current mob rule environment.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have a peek at the video in this thread. It may change the behavior of some Cities if they are at risk of litigation due to complicit behavior.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
This is why I have a vest with 5 mags ready to go. One 30 round mag and one (maybe) 15 round mag in that pistol isn’t going to stop a crowd that big.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just because we do not see the reverse angles (which is mindboggling why there is no security camera footage) does not mean the homeowners were not telling the truth. After all, wasn't it mentioned the homeowners received verbal death threats from members of the mob while they were entering their property? Weren't guns visibly held by members of the 200+ member mob that already broke down the iron gate leading into their private property?

I am not sure what other requirements would be needed to justify the homeowners firing live rounds into the 200+ mob that were moving in unison towards them and their home. Honest question, would the homeowners need to wait until the mob broke into their home destroying everything in their path until they found them hiding? Or perhaps wait until a member of the mob lunged at them physically? Wait until a rock or other item was thrown? Or perhaps simply surrounded them physically cutting off their escape to their home?

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is what I think too! However did more research and discovered this...
"Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said the McCloskeys are protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property.

"At any point that you enter the property, they can then, in Missouri, use deadly force to get you off the lawn," Walker said, calling the state's Castle Doctrine a "force field" that "indemnifies you, and you can even pull the trigger in Missouri."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts