Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone who owns or has handled an SR9 know if the grip is thicker than the single-stack grip of the KP345? Any thoughts on the gun in comparison to the XD and M&P pistols? Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have an SR9 and it is very thin and extremely comfortable. I'm currently waiting
on a IWC holster from Ross and would consider carrying this item. it actually feels thinner than my XDSC9 and that also holds 16 rounds.. It is a good gun and shoots
extremely well as far as mechanics etc. Not very heavy.. Hope that helps somewhat. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a P345 and my father has the SR9--I've handled and shot both a number of times side by side. I'd say that the SR9 double stack is a little thinner than my P345. The SR9 is a VERY comfortable gun to shoot.

Compared to my XD9 the SR9 is thinner, lighter, and has a higher round capacity. My XD9 feels more rugged, and is definitley a "combat gun". Both are great guns, and in my experience are very accurate.

I don't have any experience with the M&P except holding it in the gun shop....:(

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a P345 and my father has the SR9--I've handled and shot both a number of times side by side. I'd say that the SR9 double stack is a little thinner than my P345. The SR9 is a VERY comfortable gun to shoot.

Compared to my XD9 the SR9 is thinner, lighter, and has a higher round capacity. My XD9 feels more rugged, and is definitley a "combat gun". Both are great guns, and in my experience are very accurate.

I don't have any experience with the M&P except holding it in the gun shop....:(
You mean, at the grip, it's thinner, or the gun in general? I'm most concerned about the grip thickness. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I think the grip is thinner on the SR9 than my P345--at least it feels that way.;)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I haven't shot an SR9 but after handling one a few times I would say it's thinner. It feels thinner anyway - and very thin for a double-stack pistol IMO.

I was considering an SR9 for my new carry gun but have moved away from it for now.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I think the grip is thinner on the SR9 than my P345--at least it feels that way.;)
Thanks. I appreciate it. Although that is kind of worrysome to me since the KP345 is as thin of a grip I would be comfortable with. I like a little bit of "meat" to hold on to for a gun, you know? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts