Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and did it.. I just had to go to my lgs and find a new toy. Although I did give up a toy to get it. I traded my sig scorpion 1911 straight up for this brand new ruger 1911 cmd. Shot a box through it immediately after I had it in my hands.. I must say it shoots a lot nicer than my sig ever did. So now its home and all cleaned with a trigger fluff n' buff new trigger and some pierce finger grip inserts. maybe next week I might get a compensator for it just to add a bit to the front end. Also I love that its a series 70 and not a series 80 like the sig was.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Nice, I've been looking at these for a little while. Let us know how it shoots

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, I've been looking at these for a little while. Let us know how it shoots
It shoots really well. Better than my sig 1911 I traded.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
It shoots really well. Better than my sig 1911 I traded.
I've heard a lot of good things for the SR1911's and the prices are reasonable. I really like that model but want to try and get a chance to shoot one first before I decide to buy.

Do you intend on carrying it at all? Or will it just be a range toy?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard a lot of good things for the SR1911's and the prices are reasonable. I really like that model but want to try and get a chance to shoot one first before I decide to buy.

Do you intend on carrying it at all? Or will it just be a range toy?
Have not decided yet. Im kinda partial to my shield for cc.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Congrats, that's a great gun!
I like the black trigger, which one is it?
Funny, I wanted a Sig scorpion someday, maybe not if it's not even as good as my own SR1911 (govt size).

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats, that's a great gun!
I like the black trigger, which one is it?
Funny, I wanted a Sig scorpion someday, maybe not if it's not even as good as my own SR1911 (govt size).
Tbh I had this trigger in my scorpion cause sig for some reason thought the flat trigger it came with was good. It might have been but I didn’t like it.. The black trigger made the gun look alot better. The trigger is a fusion firearms trigger I found on Ebay. Adjustable for over travel and takeup.
I wouldnt say the SR beats the sig, there fairy close. I just prefer the series 70 and I shoot the sr better than I did the sig. ymmv
... the sig.. before..

The sig after..

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Congrats. Looks good. Love my SR1911 5''

This is a bit off topic, but I just realized I had a nightmare about my SR1911 last night. In the dream, I took it to a smith to have some trigger work done and a little done to the barrel crown. When I got it back, he had "checkered" the front strap with a dremel and made it look like a crap stippling job somewhere between a brick texture and snakeskin. I guess that's why I woke up angry today.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats. Looks good. Love my SR1911 5''

This is a bit off topic, but I just realized I had a nightmare about my SR1911 last night. In the dream, I took it to a smith to have some trigger work done and a little done to the barrel crown. When I got it back, he had "checkered" the front strap with a dremel and made it look like a crap stippling job somewhere between a brick texture and snakeskin. I guess that's why I woke up angry today.
You have some really odd nightmares! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. Then I went shopping for a new set of rosewood.

Will probably get these to carry so I can keep the factory set in good condition.
Govt. Model Rose Laminate Checkered [45511] - $39.95 : Hogue Inc.

Although these are tugging at my wallet pretty hard, too.
USMC 1911 Auto Deluxe Chk Grips W/USMC Logo : Pistol Grips at GunBroker.com
Hm think id opt for the usmc grips but, I've always been a fan of good rosewood grips as well. Id think for that price though yo could get a replacement set of ruger grips so you can keep a set pristine and still have a set for your gun.
better yet...
http://shopruger.com/SR1911-Eaglewings-Cocobolo-Grips/productinfo/19853/ ..
Now those I really like :D .. I might just get em!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So many choices!!

Edit: Guess I'll have to buy more 1911s.
Well, I was thinking of picking up the 5" sr1911 as well. Can never have too many 1911's
Edit. : Too late I just ordered the eagle wing ruger grips. $42 shipped. not too shabby!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
She's a beauty! I bought a CMD last fall, my first 1911. I can't believe how good it shoots! We have an outdoor range on our property that WAS set up to shoot at up to 35 yards. Well, that quickly became booooooooooring with this little baby ;)

I installed a few Wilson Combat S/S parts, VZ grips, and the trigger/sights are still stock.

Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Been looking at the SR1911CMD also. Picked up a Springfield TRP, and while I really really like it, been wanting to also have a Commander sized 1911...as it has been said, cannot have too many 1911's....

Bowser

1 - 20 of 37 Posts