Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a holster and mag pouch for my S&W Shield from a local company, Squared Away Customs, and figured I would give you guys a heads up about my experience.

I ordered it last week on Wednesday and it arrived on the following Friday (9 days for a holster that he makes to order is awesome, IMHO). I ordered a Foliage Green Carbon Fiber OWB kydex holster(the Oscar model) with IWB pull the dot loops so I can wear it in either configuration. I got a call on Tuesday from Mark saying that the FG kydex wasn't baking correctly and the edges were curling. He asked me if I had a back up choice so I picked FDE Carbon Fiber.

The fit and finish are amazing. All the edges are well sanded and are polished to a nice shine. The definition is superb. It's evident that Mark puts a lot of effort into putting out a great product.

All the hardware was included. The pull the dot loops were very tight with a positive snap which I'm happy about so I don't have to worry about them unsnapping while wearing it.

The retention is great. There's absolutely no way the pistol is coming out unless I want it to.

Overall I'm very happy with the holster and mag pouch and I'm sure it will give me many years of great performance.

Squared Away Customs, LLC

Disclaimer: I am in no way representing Squared Away Customs, LLC nor am I being compensated in any way for this review.

Obligatory pictures:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nice holster! Looks really good. Have you worn it all day yet? And pictures of it in waistband?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't worn it all day yet. Been working and I can't carry there. I'll try to remember to get pics of it up when I get home.

Here's some pictures of it OWB when I was messing with it:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some shots of it IWB.

It rides a bit higher than I'm used to and not quite as comfy as the CBST I have for my XDM but it's a great holster that's more versatile than my CBST.

And yes, I do need a haircut...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wore the holster IWB all day on Tuesday and due to the spare tire I'm carrying around my midsection it prints as much as if I'm carrying it OWB. It's now become my OWB carry holster. I carried it OWB all day yesterday with just a t-shirt and it conceals nicely. I'm not worried about printing and I may even open carry it some day.

I'm still very happy with it and I highly recommend Squared Away Customs for any kydex holsters. They have a special going on now for a guaranteed 10 day turn around time. For a made to order holster that's pretty impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts