Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a DGR and both 22/24# springs for my service XD 9mm. My question is, are there any companies other than Wolff that offer comparable springs? I wouldn't call my experience with Wolff bad, but having to wait an entire week before my order is even at the first stage of shipping seems a little excessive to me. Pistol Gear had processed and shipped my order a day after it was placed (DGR should be here tomorrow!). Hell, I purposely ordered early in the week so I could hit the range and test the new setup this following weekend, which obviously isn't happening now. Like I said, I wouldn't call my exp with Wolff bad, I just want my next order of springs to arrive in a more timely manner if possible. Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wolff is pretty much the last word in reliable aftermarket springs, in my experience. I wouldn't go anywhere else. The ship times can be long, yes.
Thanks stuckinlawithzombies, I kinda figured that but didn't know if anyone on the forum might have some other reliable source... Looks like I'll just be imagining the end result for the short run...

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I've recently purchased a DGR and both 22/24# springs for my service XD 9mm. My question is, are there any companies other than Wolff that offer comparable springs? I wouldn't call my experience with Wolff bad, but having to wait an entire week before my order is even at the first stage of shipping seems a little excessive to me. Pistol Gear had processed and shipped my order a day after it was placed (DGR should be here tomorrow!). Hell, I purposely ordered early in the week so I could hit the range and test the new setup this following weekend, which obviously isn't happening now. Like I said, I wouldn't call my exp with Wolff bad, I just want my next order of springs to arrive in a more timely manner if possible. Thanks for any info...
Sell that bitch, or keep it stock ... The after-market for the XD is drying up !!

You can't find a tungsten guide rod to save your life ... Back-ordered !!!
I know, I looked everywhere ... Most anything beyond sights, is on backorder, unless it also fits the Xdm.

That's the real reason for this thread - XD9 Tactical versus XDm 5.25 range reports from the bench

I've been evaluating options ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sell that bitch, or keep it stock ... The after-market for the XD is drying up !!

I know, I looked everywhere ... Most anything beyond sights, is on backorder, unless it also fits the Xdm.

That's the real reason for this thread - XD9 Tactical versus XDm 5.25 range reports from the bench

lol, That's sucks... I wouldn't sell my xd 9 though. If anything, I'll just have to start amassing a Springfield collection. I already have to much invested in the way of time and energy for any reasonable offer to be worth parting with it... However, everything's for sale at unreasonable rates :mrgreen:.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
lol, That's sucks... I wouldn't sell my xd 9 though. If anything, I'll just have to start amassing a Springfield collection. I already have to much invested in the way of time and energy for any reasonable offer to be worth parting with it... However, everything's for sale at unreasonable rates :mrgreen:.
I'd never get rid of mine either ... But the XD is after-market dead, or so it seems :(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd never get rid of mine either ... But the XD is after-market dead, or so it seems :(
I'm not really sure what else we could get that we can't get already (albeit slowly (and minus your tungsten GR of course lol). I'm pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to xd's though, so obviously I don't have the full picture yet... Either way, I'm still happy with my purchase :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I disagree the aftermarket is dead. There are certain items that are consistently on backorder, but those are usually low production, high demand parts.

Most of the places I look have all the things I actually want in stock all the time. Trigger sets, sights, steel guide rods, all but the most exotic parts are always in stock.

Tungsten rods have very limited appeal, so that's probably why they don't bother keeping inventory in stock constantly. I do find them in stock for the larger competition guns like the tactical, not so much for the smaller versions, which is to be expected.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disagree the aftermarket is dead. There are certain items that are consistently on backorder, but those are usually low production, high demand parts.

Most of the places I look have all the things I actually want in stock all the time. Trigger sets, sights, steel guide rods, all but the most exotic parts are always in stock.

Tungsten rods have very limited appeal, so that's probably why they don't bother keeping inventory in stock constantly. I do find them in stock for the larger competition guns like the tactical, not so much for the smaller versions, which is to be expected.
Trigger sets? As in trigger jobs or actual aftermarket triggers? Any links? I haven't seen anything in the way of triggers beyond prp's provided you use their trigger job kit... Would be nice to have other options.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts

Crap!!!

Guess I should have kept my M. :cry:

But then again. Maybe there are just more people buying the XDs over the M and that's why stuff is hard to get.:confused:

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Crap!!!

Guess I should have kept my M. :cry:

But then again. Maybe there are just more people buying the XDs over the M and that's why stuff is hard to get.:confused:
Anything's possible ... I just know I've been looking for 2 months, and the after market just keeps saying back-ordered, for the stuff I was wanting.

That problem has been solved ... I've made another choice ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trigger sets? As in trigger jobs or actual aftermarket triggers? Any links? I haven't seen anything in the way of triggers beyond prp's provided you use their trigger job kit... Would be nice to have other options.
Trigger job kits is what I was talking about.

As to just the trigger itself, I don't know of any others. Honestly, the lack of bling triggers doesn't bother me so long as the parts to increase shooting reliability are available.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trigger job kits is what I was talking about.

As to just the trigger itself, I don't know of any others. Honestly, the lack of bling triggers doesn't bother me so long as the parts to increase shooting reliability are available.
I hear that, it would be nice to have the option though. I'm a fan of balancing both better functionality and aesthetics. How they look to any of us is highly subjective though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts