Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone Im new to tihs site . And Im hoping to get some info. Im looking into a sub compact pistol for summer carry and these 2 fit my bugdet. Any pros and cons to both. Has anyone shot both of these and how do they compare to one another. As far as accuracy and recoil. The kel-tec is a little cheaper so im leaning that way. But Im trying to get more info on the xd. How would they comare at concealability. Thanks for the time on these questions Sixgun..

·
Registered
59 Posts
My thoughts are they XD is a far superior weapon overall. The KelTec is way smaller and a better "no reason not to carry weapon", but I was told it will never be a range gun, just a protection device. Which is why I'll be getting one. The xd is to big for me in most clothes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
there's a gun show in my area next weekend, las vegas, and I thought I had finally decided on a xd9sc for ccw and was going to pick one up there. I love my service so much... But now I'm lookin at that CZ. Nice. Is the grip size any bigger than the XD? I've got fairly large hands and thats my only complaint. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want a gun that you can have more fun shooting at the range go with the XD. The Sub is small enough for CCW but not as small as the Kel-tec. I personally didn't care for the trigger on the P-11. It was too long and heavy.
Try and shoot them both before you buy one, I bet you fall in love with the XD :)

BOB

·
Registered
190 Posts
gsfmiker said:
there's a gun show in my area next weekend, las vegas, and I thought I had finally decided on a xd9sc for ccw and was going to pick one up there. I love my service so much... But now I'm lookin at that CZ. Nice. Is the grip size any bigger than the XD? I've got fairly large hands and thats my only complaint. Decisions, decisions...
I have both a Rami in 9mm and XD_SC in .40. I feel that the Rami grip fills my hand a little more in terms of diameter, but the XD has a little bit more room vertically. The length of the grips are about the same. The XD grip just cuts slightly higher than the Rami. The two guns are virtually identical in overall dimentions, but the Rami is slightly thinner and feels a little lighter in actual carry to me. Plus you can get a set of gorgeous custom grips from Hakken or Omega8 over on the CZ forum. That's my only beef with poly guns is not being able to put some great looking grips on them. BTW, I really like both guns and would be hard pressed to choose between them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own both, the XDSC 9mm is my pocket gun, while the P-11 is my girlfriends. I prefer the XD for serious work strictly because I shoot it better, the P-11's trigger is long and you must "stage" it for real accuracy. Another factor is going to be strength again the XD wins, I carry Win. 127 gr +p+'s in my XD, I wouldn't even thnk of firing them in the P-11. The real choice will be by handling them both and if possible shooting both of them, I think you'll find the benefits of the XD offset it's larger size.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
My opinion, strictly for an over all machine,
the XD is the way to go.

But, for pocket carry, the Kel-Tec is my first
line of defense. Of course it is stoaked with
9mm magnums and purely a defensive machine.
It is not a range gun as was mentioned above,
the XD is and was designed to be.

Your choice. You get what you pay for, but
for the $$$, Kel-Tec is a swell buy.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts