Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Full size Springfield XD9 pistol, I took out the firing pin to clean it last night and am now unable to reinstall firing pin. It appears that a roll pin is blocking the way but nothing is moving inside the slide. The pin will go about halfway and stop. Has anyone else had this issue? The pin just fell out when I turned the slide on end to remove it with no resistance at all. Firing pin is not bent and I cannot even see through the slide where the firing pin would go and strike a round. Any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You have to remove a roll pin in order to remove the striker. Is it possible that you have the cocked indicator pin mixed up with the striker?

Here is a diagram of the slide of an XD, the striker or firing pin is part 31, in order to remove that piece you have to remove 27, 28, 32, 29 as well as the striker safety pin (26) and the striker safety block and spring (33 and 34)

Then you can remove the roll pin (35) and tap the striker and spring (31 and 30) out.

Hope this help, if not Springer Precision should have some videos that may help as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOH. your right, I was trying to install the indicator pin backwards (sorry exhausted when I took it apart) Thank you for the diagram, that helped immensely (saving pic). I have only had the indicator pin apart once before.

This can be locked if so desired since problem is solved

1 - 3 of 3 Posts