Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
biggun said:
My old man is looking at buying an XD 9. Are they worth the money for a 9?
I own two; Service & Tactical models. I say they are still one of the best values on the market. You get your Pops that gun, and make him smile.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
They say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, I be holding three beauties. Better value than a Bourbon Street Hooker. Lots of banging, a longer ride and I can pull the trigger anytime I want! :shock:
Heck, better have him get two XDs.
:wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am a recent XD owner. I love it. I was all set to buy a glock 19 until I fired an XD. It is a great gun. You would not go wrong.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, is the answer to your question.....I own the XD9 and the XD40 both service models....I love each of them, I also own two glocks...and as much as I like the Glocks...The XD's are my favorite....They will perform just as goor if not better than the Glocks...They will have a better grip/feel than the glocks, and they will cost about 100.00 bucks less than a glock....

Tom :wink:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Other then a CZ-75, the XD is the best buy out there money wise. I own both and love both.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Around the end of December.me and a buddy went looking at guns at lunch one day.I was looking mostly for a Taurus semi auto,as I have had decent luck whith them before.$0 minite later I ledt with a XD9 service model with the holster and mags special.
Mid March,......I now have two 9mm XD's, 4in service model and a 9mm sub compact, and a XD 40,service.For me,I dont think they can be beat for the money.Springfield has some issues with someof the models,nothing real bad,but with a lifetime warranty and really great
customer service,they seem to get handled without much pain.

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought one several months ago and love it. When I was a COP i wished I had this type of firearm. Now that ret LEO can carry that what I will carry as a PI :twisted:

·
Registered
85 Posts
form follows function.
Xd does this best,
in the array of short range defense semiautomatics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just picked up my XD 9 Tactical a week ago to start USPSA and for home defense.

I like the way it feels and shoots. Have 300 rounds through it with no problems.

Being a lefty i love the ambidextrious mag release. sights line up much easier than any of the rental guns i tried before my friend showed me the XD

Just waiting for Old School to get the BT lefty holsters in and i will be going to the range with my sleeping bag :D

Regards

Casper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts