Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my second Springfield XD 4" 9mm Black (also have a bi-tone in .40 cal). This particular XD my local gun shop said was some sort of special release by Springfield that can’t be had again. It appears to me there is nothing different about the pistol itself, aside from coming with two 15-round magazines and a holster. The case also looks much different…. as if it was intentionally packaged for some "special" reason. Unfortunately however, nothing else appears different…. I’m not sure why they did this other than as a marketing ploy. Has anyone else ever seen/bought this option? I'll upload some pictures soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The special edition is the extra hi cap mags and holster... the pistol itself is no different from what I know...

It's more of a package deal rather than "special" pistol...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. In that case, can you order just high-cap mags directly from Springfeild (without ordering this specially packaged pistol) or do you have to still get them third party.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dotagious said:
That's what I thought. In that case, can you order just high-cap mags directly from Springfeild (without ordering this specially packaged pistol) or do you have to still get them third party.
I think you can get them direct from Springfield. I had just purchased my XD 40 with the 10 rd mags. Emailed Springfield, they said to send proof of purchase, order the mags, then, upon receipt, send my old ones and they would credit the cost. As it turned out, the place I bought the gun from did the exchange for me, so that wasn't necessary, but based on what Springfield said, I would think you could order direct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts