Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it’s my second trip to the range with my new Springfield XD -40 subcompact. One modification made was smoothing the plastic portion of the trigger so that it wouldn’t hurt so much to shoot the thing. As far as the trigger goes, the recoil still starts to sting a bit after about 150 rounds consecutively, almost like there is a bit of trigger slap which begins to hurt, but I can tolerate it with a band aide or some masking tape on my finger.

Anyone else experience this?

Accuracy was as per usual, dead on, easily hitting the silhouettes at 50 feet and being able to consistently ding a 3 inch bulls eye at 33 ft. Ammo was Winchester White Box 165gr. Wally World Value Pack. Range conditions were indoors, climate controlled with good visibility.

The feel of the gun is still good and after carrying it for a week every day, every where, this is the do everything gun to go to. I hardly notice it’s there.

Reliability, this is where I’m starting to get a little nervous. Out of 200 rounds, the gun failed to eject twice, leaving the fired casing completely within the chamber, causing me to have to drop the mag and completely cycle the slide. Upon inspection of 4 different casings, it does not appear as if the extractor is really just gripping the rims as well as it could be. Another guy inspecting it with me did comment how it appeared to be griping the rim but not “raking” over it. Out of 2 failures to extract it was suggested that I try some different ammo, which I will, however as it stands now, the XD is not the be all end all of reliability that Springfield would have us all to believe.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also had some FTE problems with mine, VERY few, but disconcerting along with the gun's habit of tossing brass back in my face. Called SA and they said send it in, I did(shipped on my nickel too, could have asked to be reimbursed) and had my weapon back within 2 wks; new, tuned extractor, and a full report on what was done and the end cap from 2 50rd boxes of WWB that was used to check it before it was returned. If you are having a problem, call SA, and let them take care of it for you..The XD is a very nice weapon, and they will make sure it does what it's supposed to, which is go bang and deliver downrange, and be ready to fire again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put 350 rounds through my XD40 the second time I went to the range with it an nothing hurt. Wrist was slightly sore the next day but then I'd been swinging a machette almost everyday for 2 weeks and that tends to toughen up your hands in a hurry.... :lol:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Are you getting the bottom edge of the trigger?
Please send your xd in and have them fix it I have two xd 40 sub and fullsize that eat and eject ever thing I feed it :D
I have completely smoothed both off my triggers removed all sharp edges and serrated ridges and love them 8)

·
Registered
260 Posts
R/T Performance said:
I have completely smoothed both off my triggers removed all sharp edges and serrated ridges and love them 8)
Did you do this yourself, R/T? I'd like to have the "safety" part of the trigger level & flush with the rest of the trigger. What's the best method to accomplish this?

WyoBob

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
First go to http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/framedisassembly.html
And follow instuctions to dissasmble it pretty easy have a clean spot watch for the little basterd spring.
Then I have some sand paper cartriges with a regualer 1/4" collet for my dye grinder.I have seen the same thing for dremils just a little smaller.I tried doing it assmbled but it took me maybe 15 minutes to dissamble and the results are way better.I did booth my XD's in less than an hour :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts