Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all,
This past weekend I was able to use a friend of mine's Springfield XD 9 Tactical that has been modified by Canyon Creek Customs and I had the best match of my life. I was able to shoot faster and more accurately and for the first time in a very long time I was able to see the sights and the gun cycle. Well after shooting a gun like that it has made me want to get one myself. Unfortunately I don't have the $1200 to purchase one off of Canyon Creek so I was hoping that you all could give me some advice as to what you have done to your guns that are still legal in the USPSA Production division. What would you all recommend? I have a budget of about $800-$900 that I can spend.
Gunner

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I ran one in USPSA Production and IDPA ESP with only a recoil spring change and a set of Dawson Precision adjustable rear and fiber optic front sights. If I hadn't sold it to a friend (bought a XDm 40 for Limited) I would have put a PRP trigger in it and called it done. You ought to be able to do all that for well under your budget.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Hi Y'all,
This past weekend I was able to use a friend of mine's Springfield XD 9 Tactical that has been modified by Canyon Creek Customs and I had the best match of my life. I was able to shoot faster and more accurately and for the first time in a very long time I was able to see the sights and the gun cycle. Well after shooting a gun like that it has made me want to get one myself. Unfortunately I don't have the $1200 to purchase one off of Canyon Creek so I was hoping that you all could give me some advice as to what you have done to your guns that are still legal in the USPSA Production division. What would you all recommend? I have a budget of about $800-$900 that I can spend.
Gunner
My buddy has a canyon Creek XD .40 Tactical that he is wanting to sell. I think he is going to let it go for $600.00 with a couple of magazines. if you want more mags, he will gladly sell all that he has. He upgraded to STI 2011 and no longer has a need for his XD. PM me if your interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts