Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yikes its pricey and I think that a laser trainer is by far a better learning/practicing tool - I have 1 in 9mm and 40 there awesome my 9mm is starting to act up but iv fired that thing 1000's of times. Crap I'm going online shopping i need a 45acp laser

Here's a side by side 9mm and 40
The 9mm is a G-sight the .40 is Pink Rhino
The laser make n model dont matter they work with all apps

Back of the 9mm I have to add glue every few hundred shots now because I beat the poop out of it worth every cent

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dryfire mag makes laser dryfire better because you dont have to keep cycling the slide, it does it for you when you press the trigger. So you can run double taps with the laser.

I think...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I guess the geometry seems a bit weird there... can't fit a laser cartridge and also a mechanism to push back the slide i guess...

I'm no longer really that interested... laser so much better for training.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It doesn’t rack the slide or reset the striker. It just has a clicker in it to give you the feel that the striker has dropped when pulling the trigger. More of a feedback device. No re-racking, re-setting, no wear & tear on you gun ect.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I have one for Glock and it works, but I can rack the slide too. Some value there, but not enough to buy one for the XD's

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Changed my mind and ordered one for XD40

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like they don't make one for the Sig P220, Sig 1911 or a Springfield XDE or a Springfield 1911 range officer

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
So for those who own it, how do you use it? How has it helped you improve?
My wife has had all the mail on hold due to ChiCom Virus till the 31st of December. Oops that's today, but now this is a Federal Holiday so tomorrow? No a holiday too, so Saturday, next year! then she will keep it all in the garage for three weeks and then after decontamination, finally I get to sort thru it.
Give me another month and I'll be clicking away.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
My wife has had all the mail on hold due to ChiCom Virus till the 31st of December. Oops that's today, but now this is a Federal Holiday so tomorrow? No a holiday too, so Saturday, next year! then she will keep it all in the garage for three weeks and then after decontamination, finally I get to sort thru it.
Give me another month and I'll be clicking away.
Not working well for me, I have tried it on my XD40 and It does not work with it with the XD9 either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It does work with the MantisX pistol models.
Huh? The mag clicking thing does not reset the striker. The mantix sensor thing senses movement.
The g-sight laser trainer replaces a projectile with a red laser. I say kiss (keep it simple stupid), none of the mentioned devices will ever replace live fire practice. All of the mentioned devices share the same huge draw backs which are report (noise / flash), recoil, and anticipation. The laser trainers are superior to the other two gimmicky products in my eyes. The laser kinda works like a live round (except for the already mentioned drawbacks), live round requires something to strike the primer setting off the round sending the projectile out the barrel, the TL has a momentary switch not a primer and sends a laser out the barrel not a projectile. The TL requires the operator to reset the striking mechanism of the firearm utilizing all the trigger components of the actual firearm. You get the full true trigger feel of the firearm that you are gonna be using. It lets you see what your doing when the trigger breaks, if you draw lines your pulling the firearm. You get to really learn your trigger. Not to mention its super fun shooting a laser at objects around the house and you throw in the app functions theres no reason not to have 1 just for holster practice alone. I did end up purchasing a 45TL and another 9TL for a gift.

45acp - 40sw - 9mm
Not to mention these things cost a fraction compared to the other products

1 - 18 of 18 Posts