Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I just purchased a Springfield XD 9mm Service Model Black Defenders Series Pistol Style: XDD9101HC and I am trying to determine the best ammo to use, especially for range use. I doubt I would ever have too use it for self defense but you never know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are many manufacturers out there(if you can find ammo) that will run in that gun, I have the sub compact and it will eat anything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
S&B is a very popular brand mfg in the Czech Republic , Ive used a lot of S&B through my XD, the XD takes just about anything, I recommend factory ammo, no cheap range reloads, stick with name brands

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nothing wrong with reloads if you do it yourself. That's what I use and many others do to. Like 30,000 rds.so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My XD9 likes the heavier weight bullets, 147 & 124 grains, versus the lighter 115 grain bullets. I reload almost all of my 9mm and have found that the XD9 likes the middle of the road loads, not hot loads at the upper end of the recommended powder load.ie...3.8 & 4.0 grains of CFE Pistol behind 147 grain Hornady XTP and 4.6 grains behind the 124 grain Hornady XTP. Love the 3.3" barrel that shoots like a 4.0"+ barrel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMHO they seem to eat everything, like a very large man at a Chinese buffet that hasn't eaten in days. 😁

In today's climate you're guaranteed limited amounts and seldom the same brand so you'll learn soon enough what works and what doesn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts