Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called Springfield to find out where my Holster and High Cap magazine are, as I've been waiting since January for them. They said they were mailed on Monday and I should get them by Wednesday. Well, they came in today, but instead of a 15 round SC I got a 10 round. I called them and they said that since I listed Cincinnati as my city they couldn't ship a 15 round mag. I told them I live in the surrounding area of Cincinnati, but not in the city limits, and they said they weren't willing to risk shipping me the hi cap since I put sown Cincinnati. I thought this was utterly rediculous and told them that they can check with the post office that the 45239 zip is in fact Colerain twp and not actually the city, but he and his supervisor were not very reseptive to this idea. I even asked if they could ship the damn thing to my FFL and they were still not going for it.

I wrote them a letter, but I'm not sure what else I can do to get them to see how silly they are being.

Chris Cahill
"Cincinnati" Ohio

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nothing like politics. It's not Springfields fault. If Cincinnatti has a local ordinance that says no hi-cap mags then no company with any sense at all is going to mail a hi-cap mag to an address that carries that address. If they do that, then they open themselves up to a ton of bullsh*t. Lot's of money for lawyers and fines. Plus ending up in the papers as a company that doesn't comply to local laws. It's just not worth it to take the chance. Instead of being sore at SA I would think about telling the Cincinnatti metro area Adios.

PS How do you like the Tripp Research Hard Chrome on your XD-40 Service? I'm planning on having them do the same on my Tactical and maybe the SubCompact too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Isn't Cincinnati in the running with San Fransisco, New York City and DC for suing firearms manufacturers?

I also thought I remebered hearing the Fed Circuit Court tossed them out.

If that's the case I don't blame Springfield a bit for not shipping Hi-caps into the metropolitan area of Cinci.

It would be just another potential lawsuit. I feel for you though. Columbus is talking about passing their own assault weapon ban.

Glad I live outside Frankling County.

·
Registered
173 Posts
k8ysv said:
When last I checked, 15 rounds for a 9mm magazine is a standard capacity magazine, not a high cap.

:?
Depends, the AWB stated that anything over 10 rounds was to be considered high cap. Most anti-gun localities adopted that standard during and after the AWB sunsetted.

·
Registered
93 Posts
k8ysv said:
When last I checked, 15 rounds for a 9mm magazine is a standard capacity magazine, not a high cap.

:?
Sadly some localities don't see it that way. Just becasue the federal Assault Ban finally sunset doesn't mean all of the local laws went with it.

I think Cinnci is one of those localities. From the looks of things Columbus is soon to follow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Local laws suck
Oh I beg to differ, Sir. I think the situation in Cincinnati is in dire need of adjustment. But, I am a staunch RED STATE man, and I strongly believe in State's Rights! I would rather see a few dumb-ass cities/localities make some bad decisions as opposed to seeing the Federal Gov make some dumb-ass decision that fits into their "one size fit's all" mentality.

I can't honestly say that I would pack my bags amd move from my home state, but I would, without question, move from an area in my state that made bad decisions.

J

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sec. 708-37.

b) No person shall sell, deliver, rent, lease, offer or display for sale, or transfer ownership of, acquire or possess any detachable magazine with the following capacities:
(1) More than ten rifle or carbine rounds;
(2) More than five shotgun rounds;
(3) More than 15 handgun rounds.

http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=19996&sid=35
(link points you to the actual code)

That ends this confrontation. Sounds like Springfield needs to get their heads and asses wired together.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I live in the Cincinnati area, actually work for a division of the city, and had no idea that there was even such a law on the books here. That explains why the gun shops within the city limits are so crappy. Good thing my address reads something other than Cincy.

DD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts