Any ideas on how to get one?

Besides buying another XD of course.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Vtwin said:
Was yours damaged or something?

I thought they had a lifetime warranty?
Springfield isn't in the gun parts business. The lifetime warranty includes the repair of the gun by Springfield. If you try to do your own trigger job and screw something up Springfield just might charge you for that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't started on the sear yet. So far I have just been polishing and checking to see what can be improved upon with the trigger bar.

I bought a trigger bar and other assorted parts from them. (firing pin spring guide and other parts that I can see being worn down, damaged or lost over time. So far I've only had a broken trigger bar.)

I thought it would be a good idea to buy a replacement firing pin and sear before I start changing the angles on them to see what kind of changes in trigger pull I can get. Guess I'll have to get teh Tig welder out if I go to shallow or take too much off.

I've been working on 1911's and rifles for some time now, and want to see what the XD's are capable of. I just like having replacement parts on hand ahead of time.

Ajames is showing not in stock. Guess I should send an e-mail to see if he can get them, or if it's the same storey there.

If anyone comes up with anything let me know.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Information on another forum is that Springfield is not going to be selling parts, even those commonly broken, on the advice of their lawyers. That is 1 reason for the lifetime warranty. Send it back & they will fix it. Of course if you screwed it up they will probably charge for the repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered an extracter from the factory on Monday. It cost about $24.00 with shipping. They would of covered it under the warranty, if I did'nt tell the guy I removed the old one and deburred it with emery cloth. The guy also said my gun is still under warranty, if replacing the extracter does'nt fix the fail to eject problem.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
RLLOVER
Send me a Pm you will be happy I have gone to a system with the parts that all of the popular parts will always be listed as out of stock......As soon as I list an item like the sear in stock I sell out no matter how many I have in stock within several hours and it always ends up I over sell the part and some one gets mad so they are always out of stock. So I have a toll free number for a reason give me a call and see what I do and do not have in stock real time this way no one gets mad. Also parts on hand depend and varies through out the day At least 3 times a week someones sends in a pistol for parts replacement that I had no idea was comming in. So again its easier to just list the products out of stock since people still order stuff even though its listed as out of stock anyway. Sorry about the confusion but I dont like to make people mad. Lesson to all send me a PM I always have stuff hidden;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back form Toledo. Thanks for the message.

I guess updating online inventory would be a pain in the... yeah that.

I'll be getting in touch with you very soon.

Thanks

Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts