Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo.. Spent my XD to springfield 6 days ago and I'm lonely...

I'm wondering if they notify you about repairs or when its going to be ship back. Anyone that has been through this know exactly what happens?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Had to get my sights adjusted a while back, sent it in and received it back in around 2 weeks. With the holidays approaching, that may alter the return to you either slower or quicker. SA is good, you'll be happy in the end.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I looked at your posts with the pics of your gun. It looks to me as if someone was cooking up their own +P+++ ammo that was well over SAMMI specs and beat the snot out of the gun. That is not normal wear, especially for a gun with only 600 to 1000 rounds through it. It's also unsafe because that barrel lockup could fail and cause a real serious accident. I am somewhat doubtful if S.A. will cover this under warranty but I could be wrong about that. Frankly, if you really paid 400 dollars for a gun in this condition you got ripped off. Yeah, it sucks, but it's a buyer beware world out there and you should have looked before putting your money down. If you didn't know what to look for, take along somebody who does.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
So, is this your gun or your brother's gun?

Bei said:
Well I'm speaking on behalf of my brother. I'm only 20 so I'm almost there in the pistol world. He PPT locally from a Calgun member. I was not there with him to inspect it and it was his first firearm purchase. It was for 400 cash if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My only experience with SA warranty work involved sending a slide back for correcting a poor installation of factory night sights. Twelve days turnaround time, and the slide was returned in a nice plastic case suitable for the whole gun. A packing list was included detailing what parts were replaced. I was impressed with their service, but there was no notification during the process as to where things stood. Overall, a very satisfactory experience, in my case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only experience with SA warranty work involved sending a slide back for correcting a poor installation of factory night sights. Twelve days turnaround time, and the slide was returned in a nice plastic case suitable for the whole gun. A packing list was included detailing what parts were replaced. I was impressed with their service, but there was no notification during the process as to where things stood. Overall, a very satisfactory experience, in my case.

Thanks for the info treehugger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts