Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Hurricane Ike put my hometown in its sights. I am a Deputy Constable in Crystal Beach, Tx which was ground zero for this storms monster storm surge. To condense what could be a long story, my coworkers and I left at the last minute only to go back to rescue others from the quickly rising Gulf of Mexico. We lost a dump truck in the surge and had to swim, wade, crawl, and walk to safety while having two older gentlemen in tow. We saved the men, but all of our duty weapons were submerged in salt water for well over an hour. My XD 45 was gritty and parts were starting to rust within minutes. A friend of mine contacted Lexi at S.A. and told her what happened. I shortly received a shipping label and off my gun went. Well just over a week later I received my gun back with the whole firing mechanism replaced, new mags, a new case and that whole gun refinished. When I opened the box, there was not sign that the gun had ever been used. The best part about it is that the work was completed at no charge to me. I just want to share my appreciation towards SA with all of you and to confirm that SA is still a small American company that treats is consumers with top notch service and does what they can to take care of the people that make their business go around.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
WOW !! Now that's awesome on yourself and SA. Good job on serving your community !!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Very good to Hear, They took good care of the gun.....and you....Thank you for your service .....I wish more would do the same....

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Wow, BIG thumbs up to SA on that!

I just sent in my pistol to SA yesterday and it arrived safely this morning, to get my sights drifted because they were factory installed but are off. Within minutes of my call, I had a FedEx label ready for printing off the FedEx site and was able to box my gun up and ship it off. I'm new to my XD but I'm already going through withdrawals, at least I have my two German friends to keep me company in the house and at the range (Messrs H&K) while my 45's in the shop.

Thanks for your service, it is greatly appreciated by many. Sadly, LEO's don't get to hear that often enough. :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey man, thanks for the service you do, and also for the post. That's really great of the people at SA.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think if you'd not been an LEO and that you just called them and yelled at them that the XD was a piece of c*** likely they would have made a decision that the gun was "abused"....I suspect....the fact you were doing something positive to help folks, Springfield felt the need to return the favor. I think nice guys do enjoy some reward for their efforts....

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Yup, as they should.

This is a simple example of how you build respect and loyalty from customers, something many companies (not just gun companies) have forgotten about. This is a story that will be relayed ten fold by readers on here to other prospective gun buyers everywhere. Reason I say this is because, yesterday at the range I was browsing the beauties in the cases and was chatting with a guy looking at a 9SC. Told him this same story and my story about my gun going back to get the sights drifted with no hassles and he really liked it, said "that's the kind of service I want in a manufacturer." Said he'd be back to do his paperwork and pick the pistol up after he was done running errands. He was already into the gun and planning on buying it probably, relaying this story just gave him that extra reason to want to buy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow. Don't see customer service like that anymore. Props, SA.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Stories like these are the norm for SA, they took care of me as well, above and beyond what i expected, no questions asked, at no cost to me. Big Props to SA!

·
Registered
58 Posts
SAs' CS is second to none. They took care of me when I had issues with my Ultra Compact. Glad they go the extra mile to take care of those who take care of us. Thank You.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts