Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springfield Armory sent me a higher rear sight in order to change my XDm to shoot point of aim instead of six o clock hold. I had my rangemaster install the rear sight. My rangemaster and I test fired the weapon at 7,10 and 15 yards. All shots were about 2 inches higher that my point of aim. I will call Springfield tommorrow and ask if I can send the XDm back to them (any pay any fees) in order for them to test fire and make adjustments for the gun to shoot point of aim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Frustrating isn't it. I have a real delemina. Once my XDm 9 gets here, I have to play with both Sig & XD Tritium sights to get it to POA-POI with 124 Gr +P. :confused: It may be a real expensive course in trial and error if I don't get it right the first time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I take it you will be filing down either your front or rear sight? If SA cannot make it right, I plan on sending the gun to Robar and having them install either heine sights or night sights. I would be willing to pay them extra and send them some of my duty ammo to test. I would request they do whatever is necessary to the sights in order for the gun to shoot point of aim.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I called SA last Monday and they emailed a Fed-Ex label to me and said they would test fire and install sights to make gun shoot point of aim at no charge to me. I am still waiting on gun to come back. SA sid they have three different rear sight they can install.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wondering if anyone got a XDm that shoots point of aim. Are all XDm with the orginal sights shooting at a six o clock hold? When I called SA today, the customer service rep I spoke to was not really that nice and didnt seem interested with the issues I was having. Nx time I call SA, I am going to talk directly to the law enforcement department. Customer service seems to be much better once they know you are law enforcement and using their weapon on duty. Any service work done on the weapon is also completed quickly too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just wondering if anyone got a XDm that shoots point of aim. Are all XDm with the orginal sights shooting at a six o clock hold? When I called SA today, the customer service rep I spoke to was not really that nice and didnt seem interested with the issues I was having. Nx time I call SA, I am going to talk directly to the law enforcement department. Customer service seems to be much better once they know you are law enforcement and using their weapon on duty. Any service work done on the weapon is also completed quickly too.
I had just the opposite experience. I did not mention my occupation and the SA customer service person did not ask. They were EXTREMELY helpful, courteous, and effiecent. I explained my problem, she emailed a FedX label as we spoke. I called FedX and they had a person at the door within an hour. SA returned my XDm by FedX 48 hours after it left my house with problem resolve. I could not be happier with their service. On the other hand when I called Smith & Wesson with a warrenty covered problem, I had a similar experience as you had with SA ... despite having had excellent service from S&W in the past. Go figure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got my XDm back yesterday from SA with new rear sight installed and the target they shot to test it. I will post again when I get to go to the range.Again this was at no charge to me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I contacted SA and spoke to Lexy in the law enforcement section. She was very helpful. She emailed me a fedex shipping label and told me to send the xdm in. I am to include a note stating I want the weapon to shoot point of aim and a copy of my law enforcement id. I asked Lexy if all xdm's shoot high. She tells me all XDm shoots at 6oclock hold and will change the sights to correct to Point of Aim.

Anything else I should have Springfield Armory do while they have my XDm????

·
Registered
95 Posts
My XDm that I've had for two weeks shoots POA right out of the box. I actually have had to adjust to it because all of my other guns are setup to shoot 6 o'clock. This one actually shoots an inch or two lower than the front dot when the three are lined up at 25 yds.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I cover the center (bullseye) of the target with the center dot (front) with all three dots in a perfect horizontal line, the impact on the target at 25 yds downrange is about 1" below the bullseye (Point of Aim). This seems to be fairly consistent with 4 or 5 different brands of ammo that I have tried.

With my other guns, I aim (put the front sight dot) at a point roughly 2-3 inches below the bullseye (6 o'clock position) and the impact is very close to the bullseye.

I have yet to shoot it on a rest - I will verify it this weekend.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
probably shouldnt be going low unless its the ammo your using. What is the brand/spec of the ammo you are using? I am shooting new federal hst 230gr jhp thru mine. I usually line up the top of the rear/front sight w/ the center of the target.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my XDm back from SA with new rear sight installed. Now it shoots 1 inch high at 25 yards aiming point of aim. SA customer service is great. Rear sight is hard to tell visually from old sight, as I did not mic old sight, but it is much easier for me to shoot now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am glad the gun shoots point of aim for you. I should be getting mine hopefully by end of this week. Can't wait to shoot it too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If possible I like my gun even more, took my CCW class on Sat with it and a revolver and shot best in class. Now it shoots more like my other guns and is easier for me to aquire target. Some people may like six o'clock hold, but for me it's point of aim all of the way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts