Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ranting...I just called the nice folks at Springfield and they refuse to sell me a striker dampening spring!!!. I left a message at the supervisor voice mail.

No problem buying parts for my SIGs
No problem buying parts for my Glock (sorry)
No problem buying for my 1911s

I have three XDs, was thinking buying a 45LE until they refused to sell me parts. These three are last ones, not gonna buy another, ever.

·
Registered
235 Posts
One of the many reasons my XD's going to the gunshow with me this weekend to the gunshow. Finish problems, reliability problems, etc., etc. Now Springfield's going to make sure someone pays for all these guns they've had to re-finish.......THE CUSTOMER. Viva Le Glock 8)

·
Registered
208 Posts
There was a post about SA not sending parts due to liability issues. If I had to guess individuals were buying parts, then selling them for a higher price. You might try asking them if you send in the defective part if they will replace and send it to you.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
masterofg3 said:
One of the many reasons my XD's going to the gunshow with me this weekend to the gunshow. Finish problems, reliability problems, etc., etc. Now Springfield's going to make sure someone pays for all these guns they've had to re-finish.......THE CUSTOMER. Viva Le Glock 8)

STFU

Masterofg3, I will gladly take that piece of crap XD off your hands, then you can leave this forum!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
It may be time to strip that spring out of my pistols and take some measurements. I think it would be pretty straight forward to find a replacement. Springfield wants to wean us off of the teat we can oblige.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Mmmmmmm teats....I mean yea new spring business. I have lloked into making new springs the problem are those pesky min orders several thousand springs add up in cost.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Mmmmmmm teats....I mean yea new spring business. I have lloked into making new springs the problem are those pesky min orders several thousand springs add up in cost.
Sign me up for 5. And if i didnt have to pay so damn much at pistol gear for shipping, i would have already bought dans guide rod and a new spring for my new XD.

Oh and a couple extra firing-pin-stop roll pins as well...

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
It may not be a custom spring, I order from Lee Springs and Century Springs at work and they have quite an array of stock springs. I'll see what I can measure and see what they have.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The thing that doesn't make sense is I see springfield factory 1911 parts like barrels and mainspring housings in midway catalogs but they won't sell a fifty cent spring for an xd. You know it's going to get really expensive for springfield if they pay shipping both ways to change out a spring. Mark

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
You know it's going to get really expensive for Springfield if they pay shipping both ways to change out a spring. Mark
I'm sure Springfield gets reimbursed by the factory. It ain't costing them anything. Their making money on the deal.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Has anybody checked with Wolff to see if they stock them? They carry firing pin springs for just about every other gun ever made.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The factory is in croatia and I really doubt they are paying for the shipping. The factory doesn't offer the warranty, springfield does. This is springfield's baby. Mark

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I sent them an email 2-3 weeks ago over their new policy and never recieved a response!

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
railroader said:
The factory is in croatia and I really doubt they are paying for the shipping. The factory doesn't offer the warranty, springfield does. This is springfield's baby. Mark
That's just plain wrong. Springfield would lose way to much money if they paid for any of this out of pocket without reimbursement from the factory. Then on the other hand if they are buying the XD's for 50.00 each and selling them for say 300.00 to the dealers then they are making enough on the deal to cover the cost of repairs. ???

·
Registered
102 Posts
Put this way I don't have any idea what springfield pays for XD's but when I bought my HS 2000 new I paid $269 plus shipping and transfer which came out to $305. So I would think springfield has some room to play with on shipping charges. But as for my HS I have had to replace the extractor, the cocking indicator, the grip safety spring and the locking block. That would have been 4 trips back to springfield and that definately would put a dent in their profit if my gun was an XD and they were covering the shipping both ways. I just think it is BS especially for someone like me who has an HS and would have to pay shipping both ways (about $65) for parts that cost a couple of bucks. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask about my situation where the shipping would be outrageous to pay just to get small parts.
I'm also going to ask them what they think about me swapping the broken parts out of my HS into my stepson's XD so I can get the part and free shipping both ways.

Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, part two of this thing...I waited a whole day for a supervisor to call back (I deliberately left my name and # TWICE on his voice mail) NO CALL!

I just don't see it, maybe it just me, I am really irritated b/c of this little spring. I don't thing this spring was in it in the first place when I took it apart, I want to pay for one and no, I can't buy one!

My slide was turnign abit brown from carry and I was nice enough not to leech off their refinishing warranty, so I decided to just duracoated this thing myself and be done with it.

THIS SPRING WAS NOT IN THERE! The rep said I can send it back and it takes four to six weeks to put a darn spring in it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again, I have five SIGs and have a Maintenance Kit for each one, no problem at all getting them thru SiGArms.

They always say "Thank You for calling SigArms, if there is anything else we can help, give us a call, have a nice day"

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a feeling that Springfied is going to be backing away from the XD line. They've had other guns besides 1911s in their lineup & they've just faded away. I think the XD might be next.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
ElrodCod said:
I have a feeling that Springfied is going to be backing away from the XD line. They've had other guns besides 1911s in their lineup & they've just faded away. I think the XD might be next.
I hope you are wrong. Its been more successful with thier law enforcement lineup than thier traditional 1911 business. The only reason I can see them doing that after expanding the line for the last few years is if somethings going down on the supply end of things. If the factory is trying to screw them over to get better prices at the factory wholesale level or restrict the volume availible for distribution, that could definitely throw a spanner in the works.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts