Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have one of the PC9111's, and care to share some pics and thoughts on the quality, handling, accuracy, etc. ?

I'm riding the fence on the Loaded Parkerized and Professional as my next long-term purchase. I am curious if there are any real benefits to one over the other.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Theres a HUGE difference in the Loaded vs. the Professional

About $2,000 Difference.

I have never handled a Pro :(

The FBI uses them. They are supposed to be Bad Ass!

Look at a TRP which is the middle ground between a loaded and pro.

The TRP is nice, tight and accurate.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm riding the fence on the Loaded Parkerized and Professional as my next long-term purchase. I am curious if there are any real benefits to one over the other.

wow that is a big ass fence. if you have the money go for the pro. but if your like me and can barely afford the loaded, the pro is just on the wishlist. or you could get the loaded and have it turned into a pro down the road. It costs $2,085 to have it upgraded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I owned a Professional but sold it a few years ago and I do regret selling it. In my opinion it is one of the best "semi-custom" 1911's that you can buy. I liked it better than my Wilson Tactical Elite. I liked it better than the Ed Browns and Les Baers that I have handled. The only downside is that the Pro only comes one way, so you need to like 20LPI checkering, ambi safeties, SA magwells and the Black-T finish.
If you don't like those options, you can have a gun built for you at the Springfield Custom Shop that is essentially a Pro but with the options you want. It won't say Professional on the slide though. The guns coming out of the Custom Shop can't be compared to the rest of the Springfield line.
You really can't upgrade a Loaded to a Pro, since the Loaded doesn't start out with the same frame (oversized rails) and slide as the Pro so you'll never get the same long lasting tight fit of the Pro.
In my opinion the Pro is definitely worth the money over the Loaded. I'd rather have one or two really high quality pistols than a whole safe full of mediocre pistols.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You really can't upgrade a Loaded to a Pro, since the Loaded doesn't start out with the same frame (oversized rails) and slide as the Pro so you'll never get the same long lasting tight fit of the Pro.

very true never thought of that. just going by the custom worksheet from the springfield website

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yes, U can order whatever U want.

Last month, I ordered a full rail Custom Operator in 9mm with a hard chrome finish. I really loved the full rail TRP operators from a few years ago.

This will be like a Pro, except I'll get the full rail. And, I prefer hard chrome over Black T. And, I'll have it in 9mm with fixed Novak sights with WHITE rings instead of those blasted silver rings. Also, I am getting 25 LPI checkering instead of 20 LPI.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Nice Nighthawks.

I ALMOST went with them, but fell in love with a hard chromed full rail TRP I saw in a photo. So, that's why I went ith the Custom Shop fullrail Operator. The 9 month wait is the part that sucks, though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As mentioned, the Loaded --> Pro is a huge jump. The TRP is everything that the Pro is, just that it's not hand fitted. Personally, as the owner of a short railed TRP, I can't tell any difference. Personally, I think it's the best bang for the buck in terms of SA 1911s.

I love the aggressive grips and stippling, and it's a better performer than I am. The last time I put 100 rds downrange, they were within a ~1.5" circle with the exception of a few fliers that were my fault. Everything is tight, smooth and it cycles with anything I put into it.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can't get over the aggressive front checking on the TRP. I wanted one very bad until I help it in my hand. It feels like a cheese grater.

·
Registered
57 Posts
are you talking about 20 lpi? My Nighthawk has 20 lpi on the front strap and I don't mind it at all. I really like how the checkering, combined with my Mil-tac G10 grips cement my 1911 into my hand :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes that's what I am talking about. Maybe if I got to shoot one it would change my mind. I hate that you can't try guns out b4 you buy them.

are you talking about 20 lpi? My Nighthawk has 20 lpi on the front strap and I don't mind it at all. I really like how the checkering, combined with my Mil-tac G10 grips cement my 1911 into my hand :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very sweet looking 1911 ( with the red and lite)

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went ahead and e-mailed SA.

Here's the reply:

Dustin,
Thanks for your inquiry! The Pro is available only in .45 auto. We can however build you a pistol with the exact same specs as the Pro, or to your own specs but in 9mm. This pistol will not be marked “Professional Model” and will not have the unique CRG serial number. Other than that it will be exactly the same or however you want it configured…..

Best regards,
Dave Williams

I think I'm going to place an order early next year :mrgreen:

9mm same specs, but matched for a Federal AE 147gr FMJ or Federal 147gr HydraShok. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts