Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be just behind on things but looking at the Springfield website, it appears not only have they dropped the XD-s models, except the XD-s OSP, but I don't see 40 S&W available in any model. Have they dropped the 40 S&W? With the possible end to the xd-s line it made me wonder if a 40 &sw Hellcat is in the future..

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
LOL.
40sw will be around awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So are .357 Sig and .45 GAP.

But you don’t see very many new pistols coming out chambered in them, do you?

Hell, it took Glock what, 2, 3 years to decide if they were going to put out the Gen 5 in .40? The fact that it took that long for enough agencies to order .40’s instead of 9’s to make it worth Glock’s while speaks volumes...

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I may be just behind on things but looking at the Springfield website, it appears not only have they dropped the XD-s models, except the XD-s OSP, but I don't see 40 S&W available in any model. Have they dropped the 40 S&W? With the possible end to the xd-s line it made me wonder if a 40 &sw Hellcat is in the future..
Sure glad that I have a 9mm barrel for my XDM 40.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
So are .357 Sig and .45 GAP.

But you don’t see very many new pistols coming out chambered in them, do you?

Hell, it took Glock what, 2, 3 years to decide if they were going to put out the Gen 5 in .40? The fact that it took that long for enough agencies to order .40’s instead of 9’s to make it worth Glock’s while speaks volumes...
Heres a few.

Ya I know some are older models.

It may not have the fan boy allure of 9mm.

Makes me wonder why 10mm is so great and 40 is so ragged on.

Dont see the allure of 10mm

We all like different things.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Heres a few.

Ya I know some are older models.

It may not have the fan boy allure of 9mm.

Makes me wonder why 10mm is so great and 40 is so ragged on.

Dont see the allure of 10mm

We all like different things.

Again: when did someone last release a new model pistol in .40? Not one that they’ve been producing for 10-20 or more years...the Gen 5 Glock is what I can think of, and that was a year or so ago...you might see the news M&P Plus in .40, but that’s gonna be a vanity project by S&W; guarantee there won’t be a .40 P365 or Hellcat.

Meanwhile, companies are discontinuing their .40 models (see the XDS this discussion began with, for example...), but keeping their 9mm’s.

.45’s will stick around, because it’s the big boy, not a compromise.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Again: when did someone last release a new model pistol in .40? Not one that they’ve been producing for 10-20 or more years...the Gen 5 Glock is what I can think of, and that was a year or so ago...you might see the news M&P Plus in .40, but that’s gonna be a vanity project by S&W; guarantee there won’t be a .40 P365 or Hellcat.

Meanwhile, companies are discontinuing their .40 models (see the XDS this discussion began with, for example...), but keeping their 9mm’s.

.45’s will stick around, because it’s the big boy, not a compromise.

This is new(er) model.
I get it really it like 10mm and 5.7 are niche rds. They will however never go away.

And some like me will never own a 9mm

·
Registered
297 Posts
They still have 40’s in the original models.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Something you have to keep in mind is that Springfield doesn't actually make the XD pistols. The design and manufacturing is done by HS Produkt ( HS Produkt - Expect The Best ) . Springfield buys and IMPORTS them under their own brand. If the original manufacturer wants to streamline their own products and drop a few calibers from production, Springfield probably doesnt have much to say about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts