Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, after many restless nights to decide which my first 1911 should be, I have done it.
I found the Loaded Black Stainless in 45ACP in stock and just got done ordering.
It should be here by the middle to end of next week. Just in time for a weekend range trip :lol:
I will post pictures when I recieve.

One question is in regards to the promotion from Springfield on the Loaded series.
Is anything on there a good deal other than the sights, already have target night sights installed.
Magazines sound like a good deal ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was happy with the stock SA mags so I bought 10 (the max you can order) 7 round blued mags. They work great and I'm happy with them. Some people don't like them and go for the Wilson's etc. but I haven't had any problems with them and for the price its hard not to pick up at least a couple.

I also picked up a range bag.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Your Loaded Will Have A Magazine Well On It And Wont Work Well With The Mags That Are Offered On The Loaded Coupon. You Will Need Mags With Bumper Pads.

I Think You Just Bought One Of The Best 1911's Springfield Has To Offer. Black Ss Is Fukin Beautiful.

I Wish My Trp Was Black Ss

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your Loaded Will Have A Magazine Well On It And Wont Work Well With The Mags That Are Offered On The Loaded Coupon. You Will Need Mags With Bumper Pads.

I Think You Just Bought One Of The Best 1911's Springfield Has To Offer. Black Ss Is Fukin Beautiful.

I Wish My Trp Was Black Ss
Umm...My loaded black stainless works just fine w/ the stock mags/no bumber pads. It does not have the same type magwell as the TRP model...at least my Loaded does not.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I have a SS Loaded 1911 and LOVE it. The thing is just so damn sexy. I wish I could have gotten the black stainless but am still very happy with mine. Congrats!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Yep, XD40 mags. I really don't like the Mirror finish, after all my gun is black. I had to use a tough coating though, so it wouldn't scratch... love the black!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If everything goes right, tomorrow morning I will be the owner of a black stainless Loaded Target, one of the most sexiest guns out there!

I've been wanting one of these for months and I finally found one at the right price.

Be sure to post up pics of yours when you get it, I will do the same. Let's make everyone else jealous! :twisted:

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This picture (from the web) shows the black stainless better...

But it still doesn't compare to the gun in real. It is very sinister looking...

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, XD40 mags. I really don't like the Mirror finish, after all my gun is black. I had to use a tough coating though, so it wouldn't scratch... love the black!!
I must admit you confuse me:mrgreen: I have no idea how your black XD magazines have anything to do w/ a 1911 in Black stainless, but apparentley no one else is as confused as myself. But I digress....

As to my other post about the Magwell on the loaded, I have the Combat model (fixed sights, non-ambi safety) which does NOT have a special magwell (I don't know the fancy name for the widened mag well)...but from looking at the posted pics it appears the Target Model DOES have the fancy magwell.

So I supposed that if you are buying the target model, don't get the stock mags on the Loaded coupon...but if you get the combat model (which I have) you can use the stock magazines with ease.

Carry on, nothing to see here:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Yes, that is beautiful!

I went tonight (pick up in the morning) and will have the Champion SS 1911 (which is a loaded version) as well. It's beautiful, and I'll be posting pics tomorrow morning when the new baby arrives... I also picked up 2 wilson combat 8 round mags with bumper pads... and a Don Humme to carry it in. I'm so excited about this 1911, as I haven't had one in over 20 years...

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i agree thats one sleek gun, and i sure wouldn't mind having it myself...
i just wish they made it w/o the front serrations:(
how much did it set you back?

cheers

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
OK, it was one of those days you usually dream about...

Went to the gun show, and the shop I had been talking to had the black stainless I asked about. They had a price of $910 on it; but as they quoted me $875 about two months ago they sold it to me at that price.

Then, I was looking at the Lightweight Operator that I handled two months ago and noticed it went up in price as well, from $875 to $910. I had just bought the Loaded Target and was just showing the Operator to my wife, explaining about the increase in price, when she says "Well, you had better buy it now, before it goes up any more!" :shock:

Well, she didn't have to tell me twice! Luckily, I was still at the table so the paperwork only involved writing them another check and adding it to the other paperwork I had to fill out. So now I guess I am officially a 1911 collector, and here are my three SA 1911s...

As I said, the black stainless Loaded Target is more beautiful in person; but the Lightweight Operator (PX9116LP) and its Armory Kote finish was just too hard to pass up! It has an aluminum alloy frame and a match-grade barrel, and is very nicely balanced. Both have Tritium 3 dot sights on them, and I have to say I am now in 1911 heaven!

I have to put a plug in for AJC Sports in Clute, Texas. They not only had great prices (the Loaded Target was $1005 at my local shop); and they did honor the original price. They do ship, and you can contact them through their web site; email ([email protected]) or call Alan (the owner) directly at (979) 265-GUNS.

And God bless my loving wife!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, seeing the pictures of the gun really gets me anticipating its arrival.

I paid more than I should have but it was exactly what I have been looking for. I purchased from budsgunshop.com and believe they had a few in stock but not 100% sure.

So does the loaded Target have bumper pads ?
Does the loaded coupon have that style magazine or standard ?

Well I will find out when I receive, but just curiuos.

Again thanks for all the words of encouragement, after ordering I didn't feel like I made a mistake.

Now its time to start looking at mods and improvements. :D

Thanks again everyone and keep them coming, I am afraid to ask but what holster belt combos do you use ?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Brian,

The Loaded did come with two magazines with bumper pads. There are also magazines available through the coupon, but to be honest the only thing I considered getting was a t-shirt! After buy the two 1911s yesterday, I need to save a little money for important stuff like ammo!

And even at $1005 (Bud's price last time I checked), you still should be very happy with this gun. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to shoot it. I am glad I opted to wait for the Target, as the Operator has the Combat sights and where they are nice, the Target sights are better.

I am having a hard time working on the grad school paper that is due this weekend, I keep going down to look at my 1911s!

Post pics when you get yours, and I know you will be as happy as I am when it arrives.

Boomer,

I agree with you, the classic looks of the GI are very enticing. It may not have the bells and whistles of the more modern 1911s; but it was the closest thing I could afford to a WWII-era 1911 replica and by no means does getting these two other 1911s mean I still don't love it. It takes me back to what the 1911 was originally all about, and how it has served the US military over the years. I had replaced the grips with some black rubber ones, but that took away from the historical image it had so as you can see I put the wooden ones back on. I will still be shot and cared for as much as my other two 1911s, and something I look forward to handing down to my sons one day.

Cheers! M2

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
My dealer also told me that Springfield has almost come to a stop in shipping 1911's out for some reason.

I am looking to get the GI model next just for a collector's sake before they are all gone.... (NoBama 08)...LOL

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Got to take the "twins" out to the range today. All I can say is...damn! These are some sweet shooters! Very accurate, smooth as butter, and not one hiccup in over 200 rounds. Heck, my budy was shooting his Para PDA and had several misfires (the firing pin struck the primer, there's a dent; but the gun did not fire). I took the round and dropped it into my Loaded and it shot fine. I did the same with my XD on his next misfire, and again the gun shot without a problem. I told him he needed to take it back to the shop to have them look at it. Anyhow, I have yet to have a problem with any of my Springfield pistols, and these fired exceptionally nice!

So, to conclude, I am very, very happy with these M1911s!

Cheers! M2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts