Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a good deal on this a1. I paid 500$ for all stainless, 4 WC mags, and a decent carrying case...

Moving along..check the pic of the barrel throat to the ramp in the frame. I shot 50 rds and no issues but upon clesning i noticed this... a large gap between the two surfaces... i had a d sold a kimber and they sere basically flush with a subtle doffernce in the approach angle but this is wildly spaced apart. Any thoughts?

2nd, upon disassembly it was compleltly caked woth fouling. Cleaned upper half amd was all good. Got to the lower and the msh pin to hold the spring in is missing. I finaganled it to get it back together but now the trigger is very difficult to pull and will only trip the sear while depressed them "wiggled". Hard to explain. I ordered all new springs amd pins today but any thoughts on the trigger issue??

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Doesn’t eeally address your issues, but it would seem the your gun was “Rode hard and put away wet”. Hope you don’t find any more issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed this given the price. So hence the springs and replacement pins. Once i replace the springs, and check functionality, i plan on rebuilding and fitting the entire trigger group.

I have yet to dive into the barrel and link fitting, that is just a little too advanced for me yet lol

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The barrel is on a swinging link and you're only half out of battery, of course there's gonna be a gap.

Go shoot the damn thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts