Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 1911 Springfield loaded and got some warranty work carried out on it. Great service.

My HD gun is a XD .40 that I bought used. Can I just call Springfield and get the warranty transferred to my name?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
800 Posts
That's a good question. I bought mine new but wouldn't mind buying a used one if the warranty was still good.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Springfield will honor the warranty on the product not the owner, no need to "transfer" the warranty to your name. If you have to send it in for service they take the serial number of the weapon and your information when they issue you a RA# (return authorization).

·
Registered
210 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, I do not think you need to make any call its going to be covered doesn't matter if your the first or fifth, I don't even think you need to fill out the card that comes with the new gun I have not filled any of mine and don't plan to, I have not had to send any in for work though.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The warranty with the gun is life time to the ORIGINAL purchaser. Being a quality company, SA honors it to subsequent owners, but in the future they may not. There is no mechanism in place that I know of to "transfer" ownership / warranted coverage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I purchased my XD 45 the warrenty card was not included. Thats back when I would buy from Bass Pro. I saw it when I purchased the pistol, but it was gone when I picked it up three days later. I emailed SA and they replyed back saying that the card was not an issue and they would honor the warrenty anyways.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
When I purchased my XD 45 the warrenty card was not included. Thats back when I would buy from Bass Pro. I saw it when I purchased the pistol, but it was gone when I picked it up three days later. I emailed SA and they replyed back saying that the card was not an issue and they would honor the warrenty anyways.
In the U.S. those warranty cards ( from any company ) are unnecessary, an item is either warranted or not regardless of sending in the card. You just need to meet the requirements ie: proof of ownership, date of purchase etc.
The card can keep you on thier mailing list for possible recalls and such, but it's up to you.

In very broad terms SA tends to fix whatever is wrong as long as you didn't booger it up yourself.

·
Registered
142 Posts
there is a download link on the SA that will let you print a warranty card if you really want to mail one in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts