Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting new product expansion that should make many people happy.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some other links you folks might like, not only did they expand the Hellcat line, but they are also in the optics game now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I want that hex optic for my Hellcat. Will they be selling those individually?

Looks like they may have fixed the trigger. Wonder if that can be purchased for replacement?

Where's a Hellcat specific form for this kinda info?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I got the Hellcat, love it. Do I need this, nope. Looks cool though.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want that hex optic for my Hellcat. Will they be selling those individually?

Looks like they may have fixed the trigger. Wonder if that can be purchased for replacement?

Where's a Hellcat specific form for this kinda info?
Yes it looks like SA is taking on the Sig Sauer model, guns and a house brand of optics that they will offer direct as a package and also separate.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I haven't spent much time looking over the Hellcat. Is it the same size as a Sig or Kimber Micro 9?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might pick up a dragonfly to replace the sightmark on my XDM, but not sold yet. I'll wait for some reviews to come out, hesitant only because they're made in 6061 aluminum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just for long-term durability sake, 6061 isn't as strong as the alternative 7075, from my understanding at least. Especially if the sights "walls" are thin, it would be more likely to deform under stress which would lend to more significant damage to the lense if it were dropped or had a "crushing" force applied. I think that's why in the product description they specifically mention it being thicker-bodied than the competitor's options. I'm not a engineer by any means so maybe I'm wrong, but the rounded areas at each corner of the lens could be to displace energy traveling towards the lens. I'm gonna wait to jump on it until after they've put out some design or t&e videos.

·
Registered
263 Posts

I understand the optic. The compensator just makes the hellcat look like a shitcat. Crap i want a Hellcat so bad.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I probably would've went for this if it were available when I was shopping for one.

But aesthetically speaking, I think the Romeo Zero I'm using actually looks more like it was made for the Hellcat, being covered in stippling that looks very similar to the Hellcat stippling.

Those weird ransom machined grooves look so random.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Love my HC and it is even better with the APEX trigger kit. I do NOT have the OSP version and I am trying to reason with myself if I really need or want an optic. I have never felt the need, but they sure are gaining popularity. I try not to keep up with the Jones's unless I feel it is necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ugh, if I'd have just waited a month this would be mine. Looks awesome. Only downside will be waiting for the holster market to catch up. I grabbed an OSP Hellcat and loving it. Originally ordered a Swampfox Sentinel but changed my mind and ordered a Holosun 507k with the CHPWS adapter plate.

For less money I could have just had this. Or just tried the new optic instead of the Holosun and plate. Then again, I have a really, really good dot in the Holosun and this new one is still sort of unproven. Although the specs sound fantastic. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

·
Registered
29,686 Posts
I'm wondering if I could swap out the barrel in my Hellcat. Not sure what that comp does in terms of 147gr HST...I'm betting it slows it down.
How can it slow it down?

The barrel is actually .8” LONGER than a standard 3” Hellcat barrel...if anything, it'll INCREASE the velocity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts