Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to purchase a single stack 9mm a Kel-Tec PF9 200 rds one FTE which was probably my limp wrist. Hey Springfield how about a light single stack 9mm.
I bought the PF9 as it fits in a pocket or under my summer shirts.

Please Springfield make us a small light 9mm

·
Registered
270 Posts
I prefer shooting my xd 9 sc, but my pf 9 gets carried more than my sc. The little single stack just conceals better. I wish springfield would jump on the single stack 9 bandwagon too.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
People been wanting them for years. That's why so many of us got tired of waiting and have jumped on the Kahr and other single stack 9mm band wagon. I have the PM9 and the new CM9's are flying off the shelves. I like the XD line of pistols but if they can't give me what I' looking for then it's time to move on and look elsewhere. I have no regrets what so ever buying the PM9. It looks and feels very much like a smaller XD9SC.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I had to purchase a single stack 9mm a Kel-Tec PF9 200 rds one FTE which was probably my limp wrist. Hey Springfield how about a light single stack 9mm.
I bought the PF9 as it fits in a pocket or under my summer shirts.

Please Springfield make us a small light 9mm
What is the EMP if not a light single stack 9mm?

·
Registered
565 Posts
So if SA is watching here...what should they include in their version of a small, single-stack 9mm if they were to offer one?

What is the best features of the ones currently available and what is missing from the ones currently available?

How big should it be?

How much should it weigh?

Should be it be designed to be hammer fired or striker fired?

Should it be DAO?

Should it be big enough for a 2 finger or 3 finger grip?

What metal should the slide be made from?

Should it include great sights, or very minimal sights?

Should it include a separate safety, like the 1911 (or something else), or not?

If they are watching this, here is your chance to advice them of your wish list...

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
Well, if they price the singlestack anywhere near what they've priced the 5.25...and I wouldn't be surprised if they did...the EMP makes a lot more sense.

I don't get folks who think a $1000 pistol is overpirced when they have several cheaper guns.

But then again, I'm more of a quality over quantity guy, too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
So you want a pf9 with a Springfield name on it? You've got kel-tec PF9, Kahr P9 CW9 PM9, Ruger LC9, Diamondback, Kimber Solo, Heckler Koch P7, Smith and Wesson CS9, Walther PPS, and many more all on the 1911 platform like Springfield, Smith and Wesson, Sig, and even more that I'm forgetting at the moment. I don't know if it is yet, but at what point is a market flooded to where it is not worth the money in development, marketing, and production to pursue?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Single stack
two finger grip
DAO
under 16 oz
good sights 3 dot
thin under 1 inch
at least 7 rd mag
easy to clean
under 300$

Looks Like My Kel-Tec PF9 does it not

John

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In a wild west gun fight I would rather have my Beloved XDM 3.8 compact 9mm.It is a much better shooting and better built piece.But would not want to fall of my boat with it as we would sink

John

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Single stack
two finger grip
DAO
under 16 oz
good sights 3 dot
thin under 1 inch
at least 7 rd mag
easy to clean
under 300$

Looks Like My Kel-Tec PF9 does it not

John
The Sig P250 SC comes pretty close to this.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Well, if they price the singlestack anywhere near what they've priced the 5.25...and I wouldn't be surprised if they did...the EMP makes a lot more sense.

I don't get folks who think a $1000 pistol is overpirced when they have several cheaper guns.

But then again, I'm more of a quality over quantity guy, too.
Glad to see some someone else gets it besides me..;)

I'd rather have one 'exactly what I want gun' then 3 or 4 'almost what I want' guns.

I have no need for safe queens.

Some Sigs are over priced.
All HKs are over priced.
That new 5.25, it is way over priced.

The EMP, you get what you pay for..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Glad to see some someone else gets it besides me..;)

I'd rather have one 'exactly what I want gun' then 3 or 4 'almost what I want' guns.

I have no need for safe queens.

Some Sigs are over priced.
All HKs are over priced.
That new 5.25, it is way over priced.

The EMP, you get what you pay for..
I paid $929.00 for my EMP 9mm, and is a beautiful gun! I have a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 ($330.00) and my EMP I'm done, two guns cover all my needs

·
Registered
602 Posts
Make a gun the size of the Glock 26, narrowed, with a grip safety and dual-length mags (like the XD9SC) and the Melonite treatment, and I will buy one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So if SA is watching here...what should they include in their version of a small, single-stack 9mm if they were to offer one?

What is the best features of the ones currently available and what is missing from the ones currently available?

How big should it be?

How much should it weigh?

Should be it be designed to be hammer fired or striker fired?

Should it be DAO?

Should it be big enough for a 2 finger or 3 finger grip?

What metal should the slide be made from?

Should it include great sights, or very minimal sights?

Should it include a separate safety, like the 1911 (or something else), or not?

If they are watching this, here is your chance to advice them of your wish list...

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:
LC9 with XD striker would be the perfect gun in this class.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts