Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ijust got another nice shipment of full capacity magazines (dont ask these have already been claimed by people on my waiting list plus I need a few more mags) and noticed that Springfield Armory has changed the magazines for the better. Well SA has decided they will use witness holes like Glock mags where you can actually see how many rounds you have above 5. This is nice before you kind of had to guess since you could only tell if you had 4, 8 or 12. I know some of you may already have these newest magazines, but as far as I know from a reliable source these mags are about as fresh from the factory as they come. Plus I like to tease all those that are in Cali and other 10 rnd states. And for the majority this is still something vary new. The top pic is of the original marked leo 12 rnd mags, the only thing different between this marked mag and a full capacity you could have bought last week is that SA has gone about removing all the laser etched wording and rear ordance logo. This kind of sucks I think the ordnace logo makes the mag look better. The new one still has no markings bummer SA you need to put that cool logo back on Ill pay the extra 50 cents. But as you can see the new mags have lots of witness holes so you know exactly what you got. The springs and follower are still the same as the other leo mags hollow follower and tappered spring. So I got some nice 17 rnd 9mm mags and thought I would share.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I posted about a month ago when I received my free 10 rounder that they changed those mags to the glock style and tried to sell it to a person in a commie state.... To no avail.

Glad the new ones changed as well. Let me know if you have any of the new style 40's come in. I would like to add one more.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NExd
my appologies for stealing your thunder, I wonder why they bothered to do the 10 rnders first.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Aw dammit. This is exactly something I've wanted for a while. :-/

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
James, how much do they run?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had them for 25 for the longest time now. Back on the old forum before the hack I had a thread to let people know exactly what was in hand. Sigh all gone now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hey, want to send me a free one or two so I can make an instructional video on it? :)

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
NExd
my appologies for stealing your thunder, I wonder why they bothered to do the 10 rnders first.
No thunder stolen :) I think people just ignore my threads :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually saw these for the first time today at a local gun store. They only had them in stock for 40, not for my 9mm. Anybody know where I can find some for my 9mm?

Rzeig

·
Registered
56 Posts
ok, im from one of the commie states, or atleast stationed in one. i have the 2 factory 10rnd mags and they are silver. any idea if they have black mags, i have a concealed permit for my home state and i dont like the shiny look if my jacket opens when im at home.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's just the pic. They are all silver. I believe a couple of the guys on the forum have had their mags painted. You can look into that.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have three kinds, old 10 rounders, old hi-cap 15 rounders and now the new hi-cap 16 rounders. I got 3 mags with my last XD purchase so I guess I now have at least 10 magazines for my gun.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My recently-acquired XD40 bi-tone came with the new 12-rounders, and I got a 16-round 9mm from Pistol Gear for my 9mm conversion barrel.

My .40 only came with two mags, though...I need at least a couple more!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts