1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what mags are they sending out?
How long does it take to get them.
Looking at getting a xds 9. Just trying to decide on 3.3 or 4.0

Tried on clicking on the ad and even going to the web site but just get a spinning wheel.
It must be really busy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Two Std mags and one extended with an extra spacer and the plastic mag pouch. I submitted my request and rec'd an approval three days later. The approval notice said allow 8 to 10 weeks but I rec'd a ship notice the next day. Comes in a small black Springfield gun case.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool
pretty straight forward just send them your serial number and purchase date?
thanks again

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is their a serial number range their looking at?
I am looking at a few guns on gunbroker and do not know how old they are.
I guessing its on new guns only?
thanks again

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
answered some of my own question
ON new guns only and their is a serial number range.

·
Registered
717 Posts
answered some of my own question
ON new guns only and their is a serial number range.
You have to purchase the gun new (1st buyer)

I have not read anything about a serial number anywhere.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Two Std mags and one extended with an extra spacer and the plastic mag pouch. I submitted my request and rec'd an approval three days later. The approval notice said allow 8 to 10 weeks but I rec'd a ship notice the next day. Comes in a small black Springfield gun case.

How do you like the XDs vs your SHIELD?

·
Registered
82 Posts
How do you like the XDs vs your SHIELD?
The Shield is a .40 vs the XDs a 9, the shield is a bit snappy but that's to be expected from a .40, looks like you already know from the guns you list. The XDs is very accurate, I seem to shoot better with the XDs but I'm very pleased with both.

·
Registered
73 Posts

So you're based out of Sacramento and received the full compliment of mags for your XDS? Or was this for a firearm that wasn't under the SSE CA list? (ETA: these do look like XDS mags but I want to be sure)

I have an XDS9 on the way and had heard because it's not "legally" a CA-approved firearm, they might not send the mags. Would love to know for certain whether, as a Californian under SSE, one gets all the extras. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
So you're based out of Sacramento and received the full compliment of mags for your XDS? Or was this for a firearm that wasn't under the SSE CA list? (ETA: these do look like XDS mags but I want to be sure)

I have an XDS9 on the way and had heard because it's not "legally" a CA-approved firearm, they might not send the mags. Would love to know for certain whether, as a Californian under SSE, one gets all the extras. :D

This was an SSE firearm, there wasn't a problem getting the promotion from Springfield. I even purchased the XDs two days before the promo started and they still honored it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The Shield is a .40 vs the XDs a 9, the shield is a bit snappy but that's to be expected from a .40, looks like you already know from the guns you list. The XDs is very accurate, I seem to shoot better with the XDs but I'm very pleased with both.
How is the grip width between the Shield and the XDs? Compact mags.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
When dies the Free Mag giveaway expire?

·
Registered
717 Posts

im still on the edge about buying a XDs for my next gun. if i get one, it will be a .45 since there is no .40 option.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The Shield and the XDs are about the same size, I use the Pearce grip extensions on both.

great pic

stock sights on both guns?

·
Registered
82 Posts
great pic

stock sights on both guns?

Yes, stock sights for now. I can't add them to my CCW until I renew, I'll have night sights on by then. Here they have CCW modifications closed so I can't change anything except an address change. I thought about getting another XDs in 45 but I found the Colt Defender for 57.00, traded a Kahr P9 which I hated, a Thompson Contender and some junk parts for the Colt, I pick it up on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts