Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my EMP back from Springfield this week after they addressed a few issues, including FTB and slide lock issues. Mid-week I ran 110 rounds of Remington UMC 115gr through it without hardly any problems. I then stripped and cleaned and lubed the pistol this morning and headed out to the range.

I ran 25 magazines through it and after the first few I started to develop the slide lock on empty failure. I cycled through three magazines, oiled the slide stop, and the problem remained.

Then it dawned on me to try one of the Winchester WB 115gr rounds I had in my shirt pocket. I loaded the magazine with one WWB round followed by five of the UMC rounds. And sure enough, the WWB sounded louder, felt a little more forceful, and locked the slide. I also had hand-loaded 124gr JHPs that seemed to me to sound and feel similar to the WWB.

Not once did the last round of WWB or one of my hand-loaded 124gr JHP's fail to lock the slide in place.

My conclusion
: The Remington 115gr rounds are insufficiently loaded to consistently lock the EMP's slide back, but they are sufficient to cycle the pistol. The UMC rounds are made well, just not powerful enough for the tight little EMP.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Send me the gun so I can confirm your results.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can meet somewhere in the woods around Chimneytown, say 02:00. Leave your base commander's car by old man Wilson's barn, and hang the keys on the 13th fencepost to the left of the NW corner of the pasture. When you hear "Coo-kee-loo, coo-kee-loo" at 02:10 wait until 02:12 before returning to the vehicle. The gun should be on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You forgot to say "make sure and leave the back seat full of liquor and women to keep an eye on the car.....":lol:
Thanks for the input, will be picking up an EMP one of these days. Held one last week, man what a stiff weapon out of the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts