Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of sending off my XD45 for the XD carry package w/trijicon sights. Has anyone had this done? From what I have read for the money that they want not a bad deal but what do I know just wondering on others thoughts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sent my XD 45C (slide only) to Springfield custom shop for installation o fthe Trijicon night sights. Great customer service. Called ahead and they gave me an RDA number to use for calling to check on the progress of the work and they also gave me specific and accurate instructions and suggestions how best to ship the slide etc. The cost was extremely reasonable. Even with their shipping $8.95 to return the slide with new sights to me, the cost was much better than what I would have paid had I bought the sights locally at a gun shop or bought them on line with shipping costs and then tried to find someone who would install them properly here locally. The sights are a bit tough to install and you don't want to give the job to someone who never installed them on an XD before. My slide arrived at Springfield on a Wednesday and the job was complete and the slide was shipped from Spingfield two days later. Received it FEDEX ground on the following Wednesday. Could have paid more to have it shipped faster but was not in that big of a hurry in light of the higher shipping cost for next day or two day delivery. The work was impeccable. Not a scratch on the slide. I shipped the slide in plastic in a padded box from the UPS store. To my surprise it was returned to me in a small Springfield, padded gun case that would hold my entire XD safetely if I ever wanted to return the entire firearm for additoinal work. I have read from others on this sight that the entire XD carry package is great with respect to the trigger work. You should be satisfied.... and .... with the lifetime guarentee, if Springfield does the work and has a problem... Springfield will fix it. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I sent them my gun for a bunch of work, including night sights and have nothing but good things to say. Top notch work and service.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I did the slide for XS big dots, I was happy.

Also consider the xdtalk sponsors who can do the same work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got response from Springfield Armory, custom dept. 2-4 week turn around for the trigger work and the trijicon sights installed. I will be doing that but will be waiting for a little while before sending gun off for a few weeks. Just got it so still playing with it:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts