Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am tired of waiting on a Springfield champion to become available. Why are they not turning up production when it sounds like a 6 month wait.

This is what I have been wanting - Springfield CHAMP TNS 45SS Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $810.00

This is what I may spend an extra hundred and get - Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail 45acp for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $929.00

Which one is the better pistol? and if it is the Dan Wesson then why are they plenty in stock but you cannot find a new champion anywhere in the world?

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I have both a Dan Wesson Bobtail and a couple of SA 1911 frames. In that price range I feel that the DW is the better gun.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
While I do love my Champ, I have to admit that the Dan Wesson does shoot extremely well. I would go with what was available.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The fit and finish of the CZ Dan wesson 1911 is outstanding for the pricepoint. much better that the springfields.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love my SS Champion - I have had it since 1995 and it is a great gun. I have heard nothing but good things about the Dan Wesson, however. Get whatever becomes available. I doubt that you will go wrong with either gun.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have fired the Champion and own a DW CBOB. I think the CBOB if superior in fit and finish and I'd gladly pay much more than the $100 difference to get it. I think the reason for the inventory difference is two things.

1. Dan Wesson has a small handful of models to make so each model gets its turn in the cycle much more often where as Springfield has hundreds of guns to cycle through before the model you want comes up on the production schedule again.

2. Springfield probably spends about 1000 times more money on marketing than Dan Wesson so many gun newbies have never even heard of Dan Wesson. Therefore, the demand is higher for the Springfield guns.

These are just guesses but I think they make sense. Get the Dan Wesson. You will love it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
there's a SS loaded champion at my local gun shop, and I wanted to pick it up soo bad.... Was listed at 845, and though the funds are there, my gf said she won't be if i brought it home....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the DW CBOB. Great gun, nicely put together, tight, runs great, good fit and finish, nice trigger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
there's a SS loaded champion at my local gun shop, and I wanted to pick it up soo bad.... Was listed at 845, and though the funds are there, my gf said she won't be if i brought it home....
Is there a down side to that, inquiring minds want to know.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts