Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moved To Gunbroker - Thanks All!

Bought new earlier this year and immediately sent it to Mark @ Evolution Armory to turn my black slide and barrel silver. I had wanted a bi-tone version of this for a while, and eventually gave up trying to find one and decided to make one myself. It took a minute or two to get this back from him, and I put it back together and had 2 short range sessions with it. Love XDM's in general, but after getting used to some of the great triggers the industry has to offer, I'm just not much of a striker fired guy any more. I have a Wilson Combat coming next week that I've been waiting for since January, and this will help fund the balance of that order.

Round count is under 150. I put 3 mags through it before sending it off for refinishing, and 100 rounds through it since. Includes everything that a new one comes with (as shown) + a total of 4 mags (13 rd). Gun ran perfectly and shot well. Includes Powder River Precision stainless pins and rubbery grips. I also had Mark put a new Dawson Precision front fiber optic sight on during the refinish, height matched to the original, but thinner optic for accuracy.

I have a little over $950 in this.
Will sell / ship for $625
USPS money order or Paypal F&F with zero comments
FFL must accept shipment from an individual with driver's license

About me: I am also gotfish on other firearm forums like ar15.com, where I have a 488 / 100% feedback rating. My personal contact info will gladly be provided to buyer and his / her FFL. I know I have not been on this forum in a while, so questions are welcome.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still stock trigger? Accuracy? Do you still have stock front sight and is that an applied finish to the slide and plunger?
I currently have a PRP Extreme trigger kit installed, but was planning on keeping it. For me, I feel like I shot the 4.5" better than I did the 5.25". I sold my 4.5" a while back to fund something else, and regretted it since. I am planning on finding another one. As for accuracy, I would say that it's likely capable of far greater accuracy than it would ever see with me shooting it. Most people seem to agree that these are tack drivers. The finish is on the entire slide (as pictured) and barrel only. Not sure what you mean by plunger. No small parts were re-coated. I do not have the original front sight, although there isn't a lot of difference between what it came with and what's installed today - just a thinner fiber optic.

Edit: The finish is Ionbond in silver, applied by Evolution Armory, who is more well known for some incredibly high end 1911's.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I currently have a PRP Extreme trigger kit installed, but was planning on keeping it. For me, I feel like I shot the 4.5" better than I did the 5.25". I sold my 4.5" a while back to fund something else, and regretted it since. I am planning on finding another one. As for accuracy, I would say that it's likely capable of far greater accuracy than it would ever see with me shooting it. Most people seem to agree that these are tack drivers. The finish is on the entire slide (as pictured) and barrel only. Not sure what you mean by plunger. No small parts were re-coated. I do not have the original front sight, although there isn't a lot of difference between what it came with and what's installed today - just a thinner fiber optic.

Edit: The finish is Ionbond in silver, applied by Evolution Armory, who is more well known for some incredibly high end 1911's.
By the plunger I meant the recoil rod. It appears different than the one in my 10 xdm, as mine has the tubular one. I was kinda wondering how durable that finish is if it would take repetitive holster draws.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The recoil rod shown is the upgraded one from Powder River, although it's visually identical to the one that came on the gun when I bought it.

As for the long term durability of the finish, I would rather not say as this is the 1st gun I've had coated in Ionbond / DLC. I believe it is one of the best and most durable finishes available, but you'd have to do your own research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts