Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XD by SA, and m1911 by Rock Island. I was wondering, wich pistol is more accurate. please post back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just one example of how easy it is to shoot a XD...I had a XD40 for 4 years, and traded it for a XD45...Both of these were tacticals. Both shot really well. I bought a custom XD and my wife, who has never shot a handgun, decided it was time. She was shown how to hold the gun, load a magazine, to load the gun and chamber a round. After all that, she shot 8 of 10 targets. This weapon is now her own personal gun. I love 1911s, but the XD outshoots many semi-autos. 1911's shoot and feel very good, but few handguns shoot as wonderfully as the XDs.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Hogue wraparounds? Because the XD doesnt have removable grips. It can have Hogues added to give it finger grooves and it kind of widens the grip a little bit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
most people would say a 1911 is one of the more accurate pistols on the market...but then it met the XD!! i can outshoot most of my friends 1911's with my xd. alot of the time its the shooter tho (not saying im good cause im not) but like others have said u have them both. u tell us which U shoot better!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
From a mechanical standpoint, the 1911 is inherently more accurate, less reliable than an XD. But it really depends on the shooter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1 on depending on the shooter. I also have a Rock Island (GI model) and even though some call it a lower-end 1911, it's still a 1911. The trigger is obviously better than the stock XD, so I find that I tend to be more accurate with it.

I must say though, that the GI sights aren't anywhere near as easy to line up as the XD, (to me, anyway). So I carry the XD daily, but the 1911 still feels like butter and shoots with reliable precision.
YMMV

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do some bullseye compitition shooting at 50 feet with a any pistol and then discover accuracy.I have a few 1911's that can make you ashamed to say that a 1911 isn't accurate.I have one that will shoot 10 shots within an inch and a half at 50 yards (YARDS) out of a ransome rest.Try it,you'll like it.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I too have both a 1911 Colt and an XD45C. I shoot each one pretty good. I have shared my XD with others and they always seem to shoot it more instinctively than their own pistols. It has to be the XD ergonomics.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have a XD45 and a GI 1911 (so close to your RIA). I shoot both fairly well but since I have a lot more rounds through my XD, I tend to be more accurate with it. I just bought a Loaded and an Operator, so I will see how I do with those; but both the XD and 1911 are very accurate weapons.

And, since the XD has a 1911-style angled grip, I find most folks that shoot a 1911 well take to the XD very easily. And vice versa.

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
203 Posts
Depends on the day and how much or too much coffee I have consumed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
+1 on depending on the shooter. I also have a Rock Island (GI model) and even though some call it a lower-end 1911, it's still a 1911. The trigger is obviously better than the stock XD, so I find that I tend to be more accurate with it.

I must say though, that the GI sights aren't anywhere near as easy to line up as the XD, (to me, anyway). So I carry the XD daily, but the 1911 still feels like butter and shoots with reliable precision.
YMMV
I agree. I don't have a RI but several others and the trigger on the 1911's are extremely good. I'm also unusual in that I like the super rough forstrap on the TRP. The XD is fun but I find that the grip gets slick after a bit. I haven't bothered to put sandpaper grips to it though.

XD sights are great for me.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I havnt shot an xd 45 yet so i dont know i have an xd 9 and had and shot about 5000 rnds through an ria gov gi i shot very well with it but now im shooting a 9mm xd so there is a big difference in felt recoil the 1911 was great in my hand but i've found recently ihave to adjust my grip on the xd becouse my trigger finger over reaches this feels kind of un natural to me but i was hitting quarter sized groups at 30ft with the xd9. ive learned alot about shooting since i last shot the 1911 but as good as it shot before id have to say with my newly aquired shooting skills i have no doubt the RIA would keep pace in accuracy. its all the shooter and the gun shooters make errors no matter how good. strap them both down in a ransom test no human error make sure they are both of the same caliber and then fire&compare same ammo in both too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts