Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over a year ago my wife wanted to learn to shoot and handgun. She works for a Tax office that specializes in Law Inforcment so I told her to get an instructor. Every officer she spoke to said for et that get a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) and do it right. So for our 18th wedding annversary we both took a CHL course. We did not have anything to use for the course so we went to a local store and purchased a small pocket pistol. Attempting to show her how to use it was difficult since I had not handled a weapon since the military. She was shooting under the target that was only seven yards away. What I did next changed her life and mine. We hired a police tacticle instructor (Name is HB) that was recommended. A week later we meet HB at his range and he started her at about three feet. After looking on what we purchased he stated some choice words looked at her hands and said wait a minute. Walked to his car opened the trunk and pulled out a 4" 9mm XD. Over the next 2 hours he took my wife that could not hit the target to hitting three targets within a 8 in. circlye while moving forward and backwards upto 15 yards. My wife which had never done anything outside due to a lifel long illness was so wound up that we went out and outchased our first weapon a 9MM XD SC. several weeks later we purchased one for me also. After about 5 thousand rounds each shooting every Saurday morning almost all year (Tax Season not included) he has finished level 4 of tacticle instruction and purchsed a 4" XD V10. This allowed her to spend more time on the range.

Now the reason for this message. After about 3 weeks the weapon has a major componet on it break. Well after 4 XD weapsons over the year we figured it was time to have real problems. I really exspected that Springfield would do a weld job replace the componet or fix it some how or even worse yet do what cell phone companies do with warrenty items give you a referbused device. I called them and asked what to do after explaining what happened. They told me I would have to ship it to them. Here we go, I could see it now they get the weapon and say we had done something wrong or get mutiple letters questioning us on what happened.

Boy, Was I wrong, not even close. First they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get it through the shop. Less then two weeks later We received a Fedex deliver with a Brand new weapon.

Wow - what is this old school or something. Springfield Armory you have my wife and I as life long customers. Well Done, Keep up the excellent customer service. Thats not seomthing you see very often anymore.

Thank You, Bill Skipper Houston Texas

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Yours is a great story, both for your selection in the XD, hiring an evidently good instructor, enthusiasm for shooting by both you and your wife and SA's warranty.

Shortly after I used my XDSC for the first time last year, I had a problem with it shooting low as did the rangemaster at my former dept. I contacted SA, they had me ship it at their expense, replace a mismatched sight and had it back in 10 days. I'm satisfied with them also.

Both you and your wife should continue enjoying your guns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts