Springfield XD Forum banner

Springfield Armory Custom Shop Trigger Job

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  KJS 
#1 ·
One week ago I sent my XD(M) 5.25" .45 in for an action job that will reduce trigger pull down to 3.5#.

Now I have this worry that it will negatively impact reliability, specifically that I'll pull the trigger and get a "click" rather than a "bang" due to a light primer strikes. Is that at all likely to be a problem or am I worrying for nothing?

I don't don't know what to expect as I've never had a trigger job done on any gun. And I've also never had a problem with light strikes.

Karl

#7 ·
Hopefully they don't swap out your striker spring, the only part that should affect firing pin strike.

#9 ·
I agree. I don't think the trigger job will effect spring force. Where is Cuda66 when you need him? He would give us a definitive answer.

#10 ·
Oy Hay-Zeuss!

First let me qualify that I've got none, zero, zilch direct experience with modified XD/m triggers beyond firing a few owned by others.

But, if one can base an opinion based on other strikers...like Fred & sschrick said, as long as they don't muck with the striker spring, it should be fine.

#12 ·
someone more knowledgeable than me should confirm, but I did not think a trigger job (reducing pull weight, or reducing pre-travel or overtravel) had anything to do with the spring force of the actual striker when it hits the primer.
Depends on whether or not they use a lighter striker spring to get it down to a legitimate 3.5lb pull.

If I put a 4lb stiker spring in my Glock I can get it that low. The XD however may not need it. Stock in a Glock is either a 5 or 6lb spring.

Humans are tastier anyways.

#13 ·
Seems I have nothing to worry about. I tried the new competition trigger using every brand of ammo I have: Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, Armscor, and reloads from Freedom Munitions. The gun performed flawlessly and I fired 450+ rounds, so it's fair to say I seriously tested it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.