Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
cruizer, that's like right next to you. You better go! I'm still debating... I don't know that I have the cash to blow. :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, I'm going called SA today and registered for fri the 25th, going to put in for my vacation day tomorrow. I can't wait.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will be there with lots of Blue Wonder for all the dirty guns. I will have a table set up and all shooters in the event will receive a 1 oz tube of Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner! Hope to see all of you there! Come by and say hello.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went whole hog & entered in both the XD and 1911 matches on the 26th. Competition speed shooting will be a new experience for me. I don't think I'll win anything but I sure don't want to come in dead last!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Time is running out to sign up for the Springfield Action Pistol Match in Orlando, April 25-27! A few openings still exist for this event, but they are filling up fast! There will be chances to win fifteen pistols, test a variety of Springfield products (rifles, pistols, optics including the M25 and Professional) in the Exhibition area, watch demonstrations by master shooter Rob Leatham, and meet & talk to other shooters & members of the Team Springfield family. Free shuttle service will be available from the NRA Convention to the range every day of the match. All equipment & ammunition will be furnished, so you don't need to bring a thing other than your desire for fun & competition!

The match booklet is posted on our web page (www.springfieldarmory.com) under the Action Pistol Match section. It details the pistols to be used at each stage, the course of fire, rules and scoring method. We have also listed hotel information for the area, as well as the shuttle times.

What better way to experience the fun of shooting, see & try a variety of products, and ask questions of factory representatives face to face and in a great location!!! Call Teresa in Customer Service today to reserve one of the few remaining spots.

And be sure to stop by our booth at the NRA Convention while you are in Orlando to visit with other members of the Team Springfield family and touch and feel more Springfield products. It will be great to meet some of the forum members face to face!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to the SA Action Challenge on Fri. Did I have a blast. :D I hope they make it an annual thing. I don't think I did all that great, but this was the first time I have ever done anything like this. It was really something to see Rob Leatham in action. I hope they post the results I would like to know how I did.
All the SA people were great to talk to. I think I shot every gun in the exibition area, I want them all.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went yesterday (Saturday) & shot the 1911 match in the morning & the XD in the afternoon. The morning match went pretty quick; about 2 hours but by the afternoon the lines were very long & it was about 4:30pm by the time I finished. It was a long day but mega fun.
It's amazing how many shots it takes to hit a 42" tall popper when the pressure is on! You'd think an 8" plate at ten yards would be easy too. I'm satisfied with my scores considering it was a first for me. My times ranged from 29point something for the fastest to 47.39 for the longest. No procedural penalties & no penalties for targets left standing.
It was a real blast; seeing Rob Leatham hose down 6 plates from a holstered (uncompensated) .45 in 2.73 seconds was awe inspiring. Got to meet Roy Huntington from American Handgunner too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scores and other Challenge information will be posted to the web page within the next 2 weeks. Check our web page often for nformation as it becomes available.

It was a great time for all involved. The weather was perfect and we had a wide variety of product available for testing, as well as a fun match. I spoke with a few people at our booth in the NRA Convention who had been out to the range & had a wonderful time. Anybody else out there attend? How'd you do? What did you think of the match, etc?

Deb, Custom Shop Coordinator
Springfield Custom
Springfield Inc.
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts