Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my second Springfield 911 and I am having issues with it loading and jamming. The first one had the same issues. I was using Fiocchi 380 ACP for both occasions. Is my gun jamming because of the ammo I am using? I reviewed other comments and they did not have any issue with Fiocchi 380 ACP ammo. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That sucks, so you sold the other one and
bought another 911?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That ammo is fine, actually one of my preferred brands..
To be on the safe side try a different brand but to me its sounds like something is not right. Keep in mind the smaller the gun the more chances you could encounter malfunctions. Test a different brand, if it chokes again call Springfield Customer Service. Unfortunately im seeing alot of reviews on the 911 mentioning feeding and ejection issues.
I would not tinker with it or make any mechanical adjustments, let SA take care of the repair.
Should get your gun back in 2 weeks

·
Registered
5 Posts
CDNN is selling the 911 for $450....with a green laser, so I scooped one up. I finally got to the range.... and the gun would not run. So looking at some YouTube videos I saw where other owners were having the same issue....jam, jam, jam. I called Springfield and the nice lady sent me a FedEx label thru my email address....sent it in and 3 weeks later the gun came back. Gun runs PERFECT! They worked on the extractor, feed ramp and chamber. Tested with Armscor 380 fmj and Hornady American Gunner ammo loaded with Hornady XTP hollow point. Not a single problem. I don't know why these guns are not tested before leaving Springfield but once you send them in they come back working like they should. So if you buy one of these 911, understand you're going to have to send them to Springfield to get them adjusted....just part of the deal on this model CDNN is carrying. Having gone thru all that, now it's the perfect pocket pistol for me. (A note about the laser on this gun. The grip is so small it's very difficult to get the laser to activate. My hand just wraps around the grip and it doesn't naturally touch the button that turns on the laser. A smaller hand would probably work just fine, but my bigger hand has a very difficult time pressing the on switch with any force).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problems with my 911. Sent it back to Springfield to be corrected. Came back and now I have no issues with feeding and jamming. Runs extremely well. At the last NRA Convention, I was told that the cause of the feeding and jamming issues was due to the barrel not being machined properly along with the ramp being misaligned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure the Fiochi ammo isn't auto and revolver. It sounds strange, but my range had this they got on the cheap. The case has a crimp in it that gets caught up and doesn't feed. Why this ammo exists is beyond me. I think it was Fiochi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
IMO all the small 380's have a pretty high propensity to jam for various reasons. I've tried a bunch over the years. Ruger LCP, Kimber micro 380 I forget which other ones but they all sucked for the most part. The 911 9mm runs good but I have a Sig 938 also and its way better. The slide stop spring was screwed up from day one when I took it apart to clean it before shooting it and I had to bend it for hours to find a sweet spot. SF sent me a replacement spring and its just as bad. But after me bending it up and putting loctite in the now too big hole it shoots fine. Total lack of any quality control on this gun. My XD mod 2 sub is beautiful and my Xd full size is great. this thing just doesnt give me that warm fuzzy feeling so I think its going to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts