Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOTE: Appears to be trigger pivot pin, not sear pin...I can't change title, but updated the post to reflect.

So it seems there is one issue after another with this gun:

First, there was the missing from manufacture or lost after simple cleaning slide lock spring, and continuous jams. Sent back to Springfield to repair
  • Second, gun came back from Springfield, missing a few grip screws, and the others were loose. Called Springfield...took a week before they were shipped (said it was because of the weather, but ironic same day I called), but then took another week for screws to arrive. At least they were nice enough to throw in slide lock spring for me as a spare.
  • Third, now after taking it to range today and fired approx. 230 (yeah....no jams or failure to feed finally), I noticed the "trigger pivot pin" was coming out the left side of the gun....had backed out approx. 1/8"...I pushed it back in. This is the pin just under the slide lock pivot. This one has me a bit concerned coming out during operation.
Looks like I will be calling Springfield for the third time about this gun. Curious what their comments will be now for the trigger pin....has me a bit concerned from a safety perspective. I like the feel of this gun when its working right, but am a bit irritated in this various issues.

On a side note...I wish the moderator could create a separate forum for 911's to discuss this particular mode.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called Springfield yesterday for the trigger pin that is backing out after firing 100+ rounds...they are going to send me another one. I hope this is the last issue that I uncover with this gun.

It appears they revised the pin...curious what else has been revised that we don't know about.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's good that they (Springfield) are going to send you the part. But you need to remember that most new weapons from any manufacture go thru many revisions in the first year or two. Knock on wood, I have about 350 thru mine with no major (except for operator errors) issues. This gun came out of the box and shot every .380 round I had with no fails.

It will get better and yes I too was pissed having to send my back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man sorry you're having issues!
I haven't shot that many rounds through mine yet but I have yet to have any issues.
Hopefully this gets your working properly and you can just enjoy it!

~ JJ

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received the replacement pin, but held off in replacing as the gun has to be taken a part and you need three hands to align trigger and pin when reassembling. Will do it later.

In the interim, I pushed the pin out about 1/8” and used a tiny amount of blue thread lock around pin with a toothpick and used punch to seat the pin.

Fired around 150 shots over the weekend without issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like this? I had this issue on my 2nd return.
I've had pretty much every documented issue with this gun. Currently waiting to get it back from SA for the 3rd time.
IMG_3047 (1).JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had pretty much every documented issue with this gun. Currently waiting to get it back from SA for the 3rd time. View attachment 652321
Yes...exact same problem after 150 rounds.

Springfield sent me replacement pin, but haven’t installed yet. I tried a touch of blue thread lock on sides and used punch to seat. Didn’t have any issues after another 150 rounds.

I seem to have migrated past my issues after 700ish rounds...shoots well. I am still ticked after dealing with them...didn’t have any issues with my other two Springfields.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad to hear your problems are behind you cheeser, I'm envious when I read about those that have had no issues with this pistol and that they can cycle anything through it.

This is my second Springfield, and i didn't think it was possible that a company that has been manufacturing weapons for so long could put out a product with so many issues. A walking trigger pin? C'mon, wasn't that solved 75 years ago? Multiple failure to feed issues? Isn't that fundamental to pistol design? The latest was the front sight nearly sliding off and I still can't feed anything but Federal ball through it successfully.

Sorry to vent and hijack this thread, I'm just very disappointed. Hopefully I can come back after 1000 rounds and give a good report. That's how many rounds it will take before I can carry this with any confidence at this point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Question for the OP, is that pin supposed to flush with the frame ? The reason I ask is because mine isn't flush, but it is no where near in height above the frame like the picture above, but there is a recess on the opposite side where the pin is below the frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Question for the OP, is that pin supposed to flush with the frame ? The reason I ask is because mine isn't flush, but it is no where near in height above the frame like the picture above, but there is a recess on the opposite side where the pin is below the frame.
Yes, it should be flush on left side. Believe it is tapered and only installed from the left.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Well I am going to join the fray, hopefully not the misery. I ordered a new 911 from Bud's. This will make 12 Pocket 380's for me. Other than two Glock 42's, they are all different make and models. I do have a Colt Mustang XSP (now called Mustang Lite) that will compare pretty close to the 911. Always like a new 380 anyway.

Reactions: TxHunterJJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
NOTE: Appears to be trigger pivot pin, not sear pin...I can't change title, but updated the post to reflect.

First, there was the missing from manufacture or lost after simple cleaning slide lock spring, and continuous jams. Sent back to Springfield to repair
  • Second, gun came back from Springfield, missing a few grip screws, and the others were loose. Called Springfield...took a week before they were shipped (said it was because of the weather, but ironic same day I called), but then took another week for screws to arrive. At least they were nice enough to throw in slide lock spring for me as a spare.
  • Third, now after taking it to range today and fired approx. 230 (yeah....no jams or failure to feed finally), I noticed the "trigger pivot pin" was coming out the left side of the gun....had backed out approx. 1/8"...I pushed it back in. This is the pin just under the slide lock pivot. This one has me a bit concerned coming out during operation.
Looks like I will be calling Springfield for the third time about this gun. Curious what their comments will be now for the trigger pin....has me a bit concerned from a safety perspective. I like the feel of this gun when its working right, but am a bit irritated in this various issues.

On a side note...I wish the moderator could create a separate forum for 911's to discuss this particular mode.
I've had pretty much every documented issue with this gun. Currently waiting to get it back from SA for the 3rd time. View attachment 652321
Just so you will not feel lonely...

upload_2019-8-24_15-19-14.jpeg

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Mine has been behaving well, I must not be shooting it enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has been behaving well, I must not be shooting it enough.
Pin worked out after about 400 Blazer Brass.
Sent back to SA and three weeks later received it back with not of New Pin installed.
Took to range three days later, 50 rounds of same ammo and you can see the results in photo.
Sent back again and now into second week and waiting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pin worked out after about 400 Blazer Brass.
Sent back to SA and three weeks later received it back with not of New Pin installed.
Took to range three days later, 50 rounds of same ammo and you can see the results in photo.
Sent back again and now into second week and waiting.
2nd Return - Firearm back in three weeks. Appears Springfield smashed the pin on two sides to make it not round. Then pressed it back into frame. Yes, it will most likely not come out now. If that pin ever needs to be removed for repair, I will send it back to SA so they can work with the aluminum frame they most likely damaged. 50 more rounds and pin in place. Two grip screws fell out when gun was laid on bench to reload mags. Ease fix and the two that did not fall out were getting ready to. Springfield, my 911 and your service record will not win a customer over to invest in another of your firearms.

·
Registered
1 Posts

This is same problem I had with my 911 9mm. It is currently back at SA getting worked on. I'm beginning to think I should have never purchased this gun. Additionally, I had the same problem as the hammer getting locked after 30 rounds or so. I had to clear it and it kept locking and not able to fire, then the firing pin and spring came out while shooting.........what a terrible product............

·
Registered
94 Posts
I too have that have that pin working its way out but its not excessive like many here have shown and stated. After about 300 rounds, the pin is out about 1/32" and hasn't moved in the last 200. I'm going to shoot it again tomorrow (1-200 rounds only because the .45 is going out also), but I will keep an eye on it. If it doesn't move out any further, I'm not going to worry about it. But my biggest disappointment is with "Disassembly/Assembly". That extractor lever issue (When re-assembly) makes me not want to clean this gun. This is due to the fear of having to send it back, if you push that lever down to far ! YUCK !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts