Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Yes. Is it a just a double stack or a true 2011? Guess we find out 9-3.

·
Administrator
17,647 Posts
Right, polymer grip and all. So they lisenced it maybe. That seems to be their MO. Price is good. Have to see how good it's finished.

So is that production? Optic and light all together?

·
Registered
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, polymer grip and all. So they lisenced it maybe. That seems to be their MO. Price is good. Have to see how good it's finished.

So is that production? Optic and light all together?
I think that might be the “What’s in the Safe” promotional package.

Looks like there’s a base option for around $1500, and one with a Dragonfly optic for $1700.

Personally, I would NOT get the Dragonfly model, if it’s anywhere near the POS Wasp they put on Hellcats.

And…has the STI been out long enough that the patent is now open?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kinda surprised there isn't a thread going yet but let's get it started!

I have been wanting and drooling over a Staccato for over a year. Two guys at work bought Staccato XL pistols and at $3500, is just not going to happen for me. Another coworker bought an Atlas at $6300. Woah. I'm sure it's amazing but I am trying to justify a $2400 Staccato P.

Along comes SA and their Prodigy. Holy crap. This is EXACTLY what we needed right now.

I saw the leaked photos a few days ago and I'm sure the leaked photos are what mad them launch today instead of the rumored 9/3. Either way, they were on gunbroker for MSRP and I had to have one.

I bought the 5" without Hex as they show that there will be a plate for a Holosun 509t which is my preferred optic.

To finish my thought, youtube has some great videos. Colion Noir as always is awesome. Texas Plinkster compares it to his Staccato XC.

I've not been so excited for a pistol in my life. I know it won't be a Staccato or Atlas but it's a 2011, yeah, I know, I know, but I can afford this one. And maybe I'll pick up the 4.25" just because.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, but that thread seems like a ripping on it as a 'wannabe'. I'm fng PUMPED!!!

5" with x300, 20 round mags, and Holosun 509t. 4.25 with irons, 17 rounders, and either no light or a TLR7 will most likely be my plan.

Compare and contrast but saying it's a rip off or a wannabe instead of being excited and ready to gargle the kool-aid is not what I'm about. It won't be a Staccto but foe what it is, I think it will be awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Who is saying it's not like a copy of a Staccato?

It's a 2011 style. Any new 1911 is a cheap knock off of a WW1 1911 Improvements cheapen it and just make them dumb, right? Why even be on an XD page because they're a knock off polymer Glock, which got the idea of a polymer pistol from the HK VP-70, which stole their idea from the Russian Marakov made in 1963.

When I get my prodigy, I'd like to go shoot it with my friends and their high end pistols, as well as a Glock and Xdm Elite.

I'm not claiming that this 1911 DS is on par with a Staccato XL or an Atlas. What I'm saying is this is affordable, I can live with the differences between them, and I'm excited.

·
Registered
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who is saying it's not like a copy of a Staccato?

It's a 2011 style. Any new 1911 is a cheap knock off of a WW1 1911 Improvements cheapen it and just make them dumb, right? Why even be on an XD page because they're a knock off polymer Glock, which got the idea of a polymer pistol from the HK VP-70, which stole their idea from the Russian Marakov made in 1963.

When I get my prodigy, I'd like to go shoot it with my friends and their high end pistols, as well as a Glock and Xdm Elite.

I'm not claiming that this 1911 DS is on par with a Staccato XL or an Atlas. What I'm saying is this is affordable, I can live with the differences between them, and I'm excited.
Yeah…the VP70? A doublestack, polymer, striker-fired DAO machine pistol owed nothing to the Makarov, a DA/SA, single-stack, all-steel hammer-fired semiautomatic.

About the only think they have in common is that they are both straight blowback…and there were many examples of those prior to the Mak.

I’ve got copies of both (VP70Z, so—no fun switch or stock)…there’s no design similarity at all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's always a cost to benefit ratio.

For example, SA historically has produced good "production 1911's." Custom, $2000-plus 1911's are premium products, but I personally don't see the benefit justifying the additional cost in many cases (of course I also like polymer striker fired guns, so...)-- I also personally do not see why someone would buy a high end 1911 ($2000 plus) over a 2011/similar. Hopefully SA has brought the quality of their affordable 1911's to the 2011/1911DS platform.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts