Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Springer trigger bar in their XDMs? I'm alittle confused on wether the Springer XDM trigger kit does or does not include his trigger bar. Does his trigger bar work in the XDM or does it not?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You could ask him ;)

I made a kit specifically for the XDM with a different sear and trigger bar. You will need to remove the auto take down, and the kit on our store includes the sear, trigger bar and springs.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
11 Posts
are these drop in parts or do they need gunsmithing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the auto take down? Is it the bar on the back side of the slide release? Nice pic's and how to on the springer trigger kit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it possible to have trigger job done with a better take up and reset and not lighten the weight of the trigger? I would like to do that to my duty weapon if possible. I am not allowed to lighten the trigger pull.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is the cost and turnaround time for the takeup and reset to be adjusted? Is it possible to undo a trigger job and make it back into a stock trigger without voiding the factory warranty? I wouldnt mind trying a tigger job while keeping the same trigger pull weight, but would want the ability to switch it back to stock in the event I dont like it.

In the past I have had the Sig SRT trigger installed in my 226/229 and the reset feels really nice compared to before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The springer trigger kit for the XDm is AWESOME!!! Thank you Loves2Shoot for the detailed photo's! The trigger is soooo smooth and like half the pull of the factory! Rick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow....I almost want to do a full trigger kit including lighten trigger and not use it for duty! I want to get into doing IPSC/IDPA. I wonder if it will be better to go all out and just a complete job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed the springer trigger and love it!!! I was wondering if I can bend the sear spring to provide less tension for less trigger pull? Should I also bend the trigger spring, or does it not effect the pull as much? One more question...what is the lowest trigger pull in #'s you can go? or should go? Thank you, Rick

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I was wondering if I can bend the sear spring to provide less tension for less trigger pull? Should I also bend the trigger spring, or does it not effect the pull as much? One more question...what is the lowest trigger pull in #'s you can go? or should go? Thank you, Rick
Only if you don't want your gun to reset reliably. I'm not a fan of bending springs.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You have them made or buy them from someone who already has them. All the forum sponsors have them.

How low you can go get depends on your skill and knowledge of the XD and how reliable you want it to be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts