1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to keep my PRP trigger, I love it. No complaints with it, just testing for a lighter pull. Has anyone tried the PRP striker status indicator or PRP titanium striker?

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Take the indicator out and it is 100% lighter, then test it for yourself.

The striker system can needs mass to hit the primers hard enough to set them off. The light weight striker spring is only suggested for the lighter primers.
Not sure where your going here?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Not sure where your going here?
What is not clear? If you think that a lighter weight indicator will make it better, than removing it (it isn't need for the gun to function) would, using that logic, make it even better right? It is a redundant feature. If the loaded chamber indicator is functional, then when it is up, the gun is cocked. I'm not a fan of relying on indicators to tell you the status of your firearm though.

The reducing the mass of the striker may (in theory, not that you could make it functionally different) make it move faster, but when hitting a primmer you also need a certain amount of mass, otherwise you won't set off the primer. The weight of the striker really doesn't have any effect on trigger pull weight, which was what the OP was asking about.

I only recommend using the light weight striker with primers that ignite easily. It will reduce the pull weight, but it won't hit as hard either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
His first post was asking about the reduced striker spring where you mention the weight of the striker in you last post. The OP got his question answered and thats what important. I agree with you on the indicators. If thats all a person relies on they will get hurt on day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the hard primer concern which is why I did not end up making this modification...

Now what about the Titanium Striker Safety? Titanium Striker Safety
This should reduce trigger pull without having a negative impact on the force that the primer is hit with given the striker spring and the striker rebound spring are not being replaced, correct ?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts