Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thinking of getting a springer kit and doing it my self. Is the full kit the same as sending it in to have it done or any advantages of sending it in?
I know it has to be custom fitted.
Im also thinking of a Bar-sto match barrel. Iv seen a dvd that said it shows you how to custom fit it to your firearm. Is this possible with out expensive specialty tools.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
What is different between the in house trigger and the mail order?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is different between the in house trigger and the mail order?
ya what he said
i just don't want to mail it out and im sure i could do any mod my self.
your prices for sending it in are more then worth it but would like to do it myself.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then the barrel is a PIA to install. do you sight in when you fit a barrel?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i am very happy with my self installed kit. i cant imagine it being better but with scott doing the work i have no doubt it would be great (if that makes any sense)
i guess it all depends on what all you want out of your trigger do you want it to much better then stock (kit) or perfect (in house job)

personally i liked doing it myself it was fun and i am very happy with it. if i needed a better trigger i would send it in but like i said the kit one is GREAT

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill just send it in then.
it will probly be a few weeks but ill contact you when i am ready to send it in.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Here is the points that I see when considering this:

BUYING THE KIT:

PROS:
- cheaper
- learn about your XD on an intimate knowledge and the pride of your own work
- save on shipping
- depending on how long it would take you, it might save you time

CONS:
- If you haven't done anything like this before, chances are good that you'll mess up somewhere. But the beauty of that is that you get to learn from your mistakes.

SENDING IT IN

PROS:
- You know you're getting a quality product and you know it's going to be done right
- From my understanding, different parts are used in the Springer shop for a more custom fitted job
- Scott's an awesome guy to deal with
- Even with sending it in, turn around is usually within a week (at least my 2 were)
- If you decide to sell it one day, an ad with "Trigger job done by Scott Springer" will sell a lot easier and for more money than an ad with "I did my own trigger job"

CONS
- You are spending a little extra paying someone to do the work for you
- Atleast with my experience, shipping costs makes up a lot of the bill (But I think they can help you out with a shipping discount)

With that all said, I decided to send 2 of mine in and I'm completely satisfied. I just hated giving so much money to a shipping company. I was also competing with these two. If I have an extra XD on the side, I think I'd like to try the kit just to see what I'm capable of and to give my self the opportunity to learn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts