Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Springer just released a new magwell for the XDM. there are 2 models: 1 for IDPA ESP/CDP and another for USPSA Open/Limited. Very impressed. Fair warning, backstrap needs to be modified. But you can do it with some sanding. OK, a lot of sanding.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honestly, I like the Pistolgear Operator IDPA legal mag well better. The funnel is larger, making it more effective. You can throw the mags in.

The Pistolgear works perfectly with the Springer .250" baseplates too, but not with the #3 back strap installed.

I do think the smaller Springer magwell matches up to the gun better. The Pistolgear leaves a little polymer exposed around the edges, but you can match the angles with a Dremel easily.

IMO the pistol gear magwell is better for the serious competitor. I also personally think it looks better as well. It's more smooth and flowing to match the lines of the XDM, rather than the blocky Springer model.

They're both very high quality though, with the Springer having a larger set screw and easier installation of purchased with the included modified #2 backstrap.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent comparison. I don't really shoot USPSA so I didn't have a comparison to the Operator. But thank you for throwing it in.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The operator is IDPA legal. On a 9mm/.40 5.25" it fits in the box. I'm unsure if they have an IDPA legal version for the .45 though.

Good vid. I just watched the whole thing, and didn't realize you had a pistolgear magwell on there to begin with.

I just really like the larger funnel of the pistolgear. And I plan on leaving the gun the way I have it set up, so sanding a bit of material out of the grip doesn't bother me. I really like the fit of the Springer mag well out of the box though.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack. I was up bored with the power out, and had both of the magwells, so figured I'd take some pics.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the Operator is too big for the .45, only the Patriot works.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I gotcha. I didn't realize you had a .45 until I watched the whole video. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts